Field Service Maintenance Technician
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better. Click to learn more about ATS
- Under minimal guidance, installs, repairs, troubleshoots and maintains equipment such as manufacturing process equipment, robotics, automation, conveyance systems, packaging systems, and ancillary equipment within industrial manufacturing settings. Applies knowledge and aptitude of industrial electrical, electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, and hydraulics. Has exposure to and familiarity with various industry controls programs.
- Performs competent break-fix & preventative maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devises in operation to determine root cause of problem; dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts; and performing troubleshooting and repair of electrical circuitry and mechanical systems.
- Identifies parts, supplies and repair items as necessary for equipment maintenance and repair.
- With minimal instruction, performs maintenance as per industry standards.
- Works with customer counterparts to execute maintenance, reliability, and preventative maintenance procedures.
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform welding tasks.
- Conforms and complies with customer contractor codes of conduct, housekeeping standards, and safety processes
- Documents work performed in service reports, and applicable management systems.
- Performs routine processes with and within industrial control systems to troubleshoots and analyzes complex equipment, perform equipment maintenance, and to resolve equipment problems.
- Utilizes in-depth application of electrical, mechanical, and fluid power aptitude to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Completes and conducts on-the-job training and technical self-study programs for career development.
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Associates degree with a Technical focus and 5 years of related experience in specific industry; or, 7 years of experience in specific industry.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate.
- Possesses working knowledge and experience regarding electrical, mechanical, and fluid power systems in related fields. Can analyze the problems, synthesize alternative solutions, and perform repairs
- Extensive travel required. (Local, National, International).
- Experience in preventative maintenance techniques, precision measuring, mechanical alignments, and general maintenance of applicable process equipment.
- Exposure to programmable logic controllers, field devices, and electrical drive and motor systems.
- Customer Focus
- Personal Discipline
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
Development and Training:
- Development is at the core of what we do and ATS is committed to providing our employees with the opportunity to expand their skillsets. You’ll be given the resources and mentorship you need to succeed in a company committed to education, development and organic growth.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance and a flexible spending account - save money pre-tax for eligible medical expenses
- Employee Assistance Program and Comprehensive Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match - to prepare for your future
- Extensive Safety Training, New Hire Orientation, Continuous Learning and Development programs and Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time - encouraging work-life balance
Founded in 1985, Advanced Technology Services (ATS) employs over 1,700 people across the US and Mexico. ATS is headquartered in Peoria, IL with offices and services centers located in Greenville, SC, Chicago, IL, Detroit, MI and Monterrey, Mexico.
ATS specializes in outsourced industrial maintenance services and MRO asset management. ATS is the one-stop shop for all things related to factory maintenance. However, what makes our company extraordinary is our people. ATS is and always will be a people company. ATS has a long history of supporting our veterans, active duty, and military spouses through military hiring. As a company whose active and former military population makes up nearly 20% of the work force, you'll be surrounded by a supportive community of people who have shared experiences. Together, we make factories run better.
At ATS, we offer our employees more than just a job. We offer a career path with unlimited opportunities for improvement and advancement. It's our uncompromising commitment to continuous improvement, training and operational excellence that makes ATS a great place to work.
Advanced Technology Services Inc. | Newark, New Jersey
Advanced Technology Services Inc. | Newark, New Jersey
DOC Services | Newark, New Jersey
Kelly | Moonachie, New Jersey
Haydon | Wayne, New Jersey
Honeywell | New York, New York
Cox Automotive Mobility | Garden City South, New York
Cox Automotive Mobility | Newark, New Jersey
FedEx Ground | Jersey City, New Jersey
FedEx Ground | New York, New York