Performs Crash, Fire, Rescue responses, duty and training as well as structural fire responses, duties and training as part of a crew. Performs hazardous materials responses, duties and training at the Operational level. Performs Basic Life Support responses, duties and training at the EMT-B level Is responsible for daily operational maintenance of his equipment and vehicle.
1. Is responsible for fire suppression, rescue and medical emergencies at the MNG AVN OSEG Site.
2. Oversees fire and medical equipment in readiness to respond to emergency situations at the MNG AVN OSEG Heliport (Riyadh).
3. Serves as an instructor/mentor to assigned MNG Military Firefighters.
4. Ensures his equipment is ready to respond to all requests for emergency services (fire, EMS, special rescue).
5. Prioritize support requirements to handle multiple simultaneous medical and fire emergencies.
6. Maintain adequate resources and ensure they are maintained in proper operation and in a mission ready state at all times.
7. Participate in weekly all hands fire department meetings with the fire chief.
8. Performs all required proficiency training.
9. Ability to effectively communicate with the customer in a professional and courteous manner.
10. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
11. As part of the selection process, a physical will be conducted. Candidates must have normal color discrimination, visual acuity correctable to 20/20 in one eye, 20/30 in the other eye and not more than 20/200, each eye, uncorrected. Candidates must not have any record of pyro phobia, acrophobia or claustrophobia. Must have and maintain a BMI of 35 or less and successfully pass a physical fitness assessment annually.
12. All other duties as assigned by the Chief, Asst Chief or Lieutenant of the fire department.
B. Independence: Reports to the Lieutenants, Assistant Chiefs and Fire Chief Aviation. Works within the rules and regulations of airfield flight operations and safety guidelines and applicable firefighting and emergency services guidelines. Has the authority to select and implement goals and objectives within the execution of duties and responsibilities of the fire department under the direction of the Fire Chief.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
1. High School graduate required; associates degree or higher preferred.
2. International Fire Service Accreditation Congress certification, DoD and/or ProBoard required.
a. Firefighter Level II required
b. ARFF Firefighter required
c. Hazardous Materials Operations required
d. ARFF Driver Operator preferred
e. Emergency Medical Technician Basic (EMT-B) required – Emergency Medical Technician Certification issued by a State Agency or the National Registry preferred.
B. B. Experience:
1. Minimum of 5 years firefighting experience in a civilian or military aviation firefighting role.
C. C. Specific knowledge, skill, and ability requirements:
1. Expert knowledge of aircraft rescue and firefighting techniques, practices and equipment, as well as first aid and CPR.
2. Considerable knowledge of the design and characteristics of military and civilian rotary wing aircraft.
3. Considerable knowledge of exit and safety procedures of various military and civilian rotary wing aircraft, and structural fire/alarm detection / suppression systems and structural firefighting.
4. Ability to quickly perform and direct all functions in difficult and hazardous situations, without hesitation.
5. Ability to comprehend and apply instructions and communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
6. Ability to learn, apply and teach aircraft rescue and firefighting techniques and practices.
7. Ability to lead in potentially dangerous situations and make quick and sound decisions.
8. Ability to perform physically demanding work and withstand very hazardous conditions.
9. Skill in the operation of aircraft rescue and firefighting equipment, tools and vehicles, including highly specialized firefighting apparatus.
10. Possesses a valid Class B driver’s license.
Vinnell Arabia is the leader in U.S. military doctrine-based training, logistics, and support services inside Saudi Arabia. We answer our customer's requirements perfectly throughout the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and have done so for over 46 years.
With over 1,250 highly experienced employees Kingdom-wide, over half of whom are Saudi nationals, we provide a unique knowledge-base of experience and talent.