Health is everything. At CVS Health, we are committed to increasing access, lowering costs and improving quality of care. Millions of times a day, we’re helping people on their path to better health – from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions. Because we’re present in so many moments, big and small, we have an active, supportive role in shaping the future of health care. Telepharmacy Technicians are at the forefront of our purpose as they deliver compassionate care to our patients every day.
The Telepharmacy Technician is responsible for all operations of a remote Telepharmacy location, where the Pharmacist oversight occurs from a separate Supervising Pharmacy location. Telepharmacy Technicians build upon the skills and responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician, and are focused on leading pharmacy execution and performance, while building patient loyalty through a continuous focus on excellent customer service and supporting and facilitating communication with the Supervising Pharmacy/Pharmacist.
This position is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day Telepharmacy operations within the store, including customer service, monitoring business metrics, inventory management and asset protection. This position provides an opportunity, in a leading retail pharmacy setting, to excel in a complex, high-impact patient-focused role and positively impact the lives of others. The ideal candidate must be able to triage telepharmacy tasks, balance efficiency with accuracy, work both independently and as a team in a fast-paced local and virtual environment, and achieve excellence in customer service through compassion and genuine care for all patients, while ensuring all medication needs and patient safety and regulatory compliance standards are met. This position demonstrates leadership agility, innovation, growth mindset, enterprise thinking, setting direction and delivering results. Telepharmacy Technicians must always demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain patient confidentiality.
The Telepharmacy Technician:
** This is NOT a remote work position. **
• Handles incoming and outgoing communications via telephone, audio/visual technology, fax, email or any other form of communications necessary.
• Attends to all patients and customers at the Telepharmacy counter(s), in-store or via telephone/telecommunications.
• Assists patients in using audio/visual and telecommunications technology to communicate with the Supervising Pharmacist remotely.
• Executes fulfillment activities for prescriptions, appropriately and according to State and Federal law.
• Works independently for day-to-day coordination and processing of patient medication orders.
• Communicates with on-site and remote pharmacy teams, medical staff, insurance companies, and customers alike to resolve issues, ensure accuracy, and delivers timely resolution of any medication or insurance related concerns.
• Performs all cash register transactions in adherence of CVS Telepharmacy policy and procedures, including managerial POS functions.
• Acts as the primary point of contact for questions related to any potential patient safety events, facilitating prompt communication with the Supervising Pharmacist.
• Manages the day-to-day activities and administration of the Telepharmacy, which may include daily and weekly reports, all communications to the store, email, all Hub tasks, as well as pharmacy scheduling
• Manages the daily business of the Telepharmacy operations, including prescriptions counts/pharmacy sales, customer service, inventory processes, myPatientCare Outcomes, immunization results (if offered at that location), and other business results as directed by the Supervising Pharmacy Manager.
• Ensures upkeep and maintenance of Telepharmacy equipment, computer terminals, monitors, Virtual Verification equipment, POS, A/V communications equipment, drive-through, flavoring and reconstitution stations, pharmacy sink area, TempAlert equipment etc., opening appropriate maintenance/repair tickets as necessary.
• Maintains compliance with all security/Asset Protection procedures, including the security of the pharmacy department, safe and pharmacy department access. This includes keyholder and alarm code responsibilities for the Telepharmacy and/or the store location, as well as performing opening and closing duties, as indicated in Telepharmacy policies and procedures
• Performs the functions of the Supervisor on Duty for the pharmacy department by maintaining all standards set by Asset Protection. This includes all policies and procedures regarding personal belongings in the pharmacy/Telepharmacy department, employee purchases, personnel access to the pharmacy/telepharmacy department, check-in process and documentation for controlled substances, returns processes and documentation for controlled substances, asset protection-initiated audits, cycle counts, and any other policies and procedures regarding asset protection.
• A minimum of 1-year full-time experience as a Pharmacy Technician; 3-5 years of experience is strongly preferred
• HS Diploma or General Equivalent Development
• PTCB National Certification or equivalent state-accepted national Pharmacy Technician certification.
• State Pharmacy Technician Registration/Licensure required
Candidate must be able to demonstrate:
Attention and Focus:
• The ability to concentrate on a task for an extended period without being distracted
Customer Service Orientation:
• Actively look for ways to help people, and do so in a friendly manner
• Notice and understand customers’ reactions, and respond appropriately
• Use and understand verbal and written communication to interact with customers and colleagues
• Actively listen by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
• The ability to use math to solve a problem, such as calculating days’ supply of a prescription
• Able to judge when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; recognizing there is a problem
• Chooses the best course of action when faced with a complex situation with several available options
• Able to assess business problems, create and execute an action plan to correct the root cause
• CVS Pharmacy Technician experience strongly preferred.
• PTCB Advanced Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT-Adv) preferred.
• Associates Degree
• Standing/walking for an extended period
• Near vision; ability to see details at close range to perform activities such as: transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts
• Wrist / finger speed; ability to make fast, simple, repetitive movements of the fingers, hands and wrists
• Ability to push and pull objects, including drawers and other items of similar weight, as well as reaching overhead.
• Ability to handle and works with small instruments and objects.
• Bending/squatting/leaning to a considerable degree and requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
• Is able to load and unload trays/cases/totes (30 pound maximum to a height of 4 feet).
• Auditory attention; ability to focus on a single source of sound in the presence of other distracting sounds.
• Effective verbal communication; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken work, especially when detailed or important instructions must be conveyed accurately.
• Ability to move quickly from one task to another according to the needs of the Telepharmacy.
• The ability to concentrate on a task for significant periods of time.
Our diverse work experience empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Race/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for or perform this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team at AdviceCounsel@cvshealth.com.
• High School diploma or equivalent (preferred)
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. See Job Description
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."
CVS Health | Watseka, Illinois
CVS Health | Kankakee, Illinois
CVS Health | Coal City, Illinois
CVS Health | Dwight, Illinois
CVS Health | Gilman, Illinois
CVS Health | Peotone, Illinois
CVS Health | Wilmington, Illinois
CVS Health | Momence, Illinois
CVS Health | Bourbonnais, Illinois
CVS Health | Manteno, Illinois