At Advance Auto Parts, a Retail Parts Pro (RPP) is part of the management team and responsible for growing the sales of automotive parts and related merchandise in accordance with company standards. The Retail Parts Pros must be committed to inspiring our team, helping our customers succeed, and growing the retail business profitably and with integrity.
A Retail Parts Pro at Advance Auto Parts is responsible for:
- Being an “A" player on the Advance Auto Parts team
- Having a passion for serving our customers and offering superior service to every customer, every day
- Being actively engaged in our business and bringing their best to work every day
- Being committed to improving themselves, their fellow Team Members and our company
- Working to exceed their individual and store targets every day
- Offer a superior shopping experience to every customer in a way that drives up our DIY traction scores and helps the store achieve full potential.
Key Focus Areas:
- Providing Legendary Customer Service
- Knowing retail metrics
- Executing on daily, weekly and period goals to drive profitable retail growth
Essential Job Skills needed to be a Successful Retail Parts Pro include ability to:
- Work with General Manager to produce a consistently winning store
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Build strong relationships (team, customers, peers, Store Support Center Team Members and supervisor)
- Transfer parts knowledge to all store team members to help increase the stores product knowledge and sales
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and hold others accountable for their individual and store results.
- Effectively execute all key tasks, critical to supporting our 4 key strategies (Transform DIY, Accelerate Commercial, Availability and Service Excellence), including attachment selling, selling premium parts, etc.
- Maintain high standards of customer service and create a superior customer experience for each customer by promptly greeting them and helping them locate the right merchandise for their project
- Maintain and develop a comprehensive product knowledge
- Maintain an awareness of and achieve maximum results on all promotions and advertisements
- Execute merchandise moves, stocking and display with high housekeeping standards
- Participate in inventories and periodic cycle counts
- Ring sales at register and provide prompt and expedient service
- Build customer loyalty and aid customers in locating the right merchandise for their project
- Use computers accurately and effectively
- Work well in a diverse, fast-paced and results-oriented retail environment
- Produce consistently high sales averages
- Manage time effectively
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Be punctual and at work as scheduled
- Responsible for working with the General Manager to lead the store team and grow the retail business in conformity with the company’s 4 key strategies and 3 core values
- Maintains rapport with current retail customers in order to keep abreast of their needs
- Consistently provides professional, courteous and prompt customer service to both retail and commercial customers, utilizing parts experience and knowledge to insure complete customer satisfaction
- Delegates or completes the marking and storing of parts in stockroom according to prearranged system
- Assists in managing inventory and the appearance of Parts Department
- Completes all required training materials, attends all scheduled company meetings, and meets or exceed all assigned sales goals or quotas
- Utilizes a strong knowledge of automotive systems, categories of merchandise, warranties, and Company Policies to make recommendations and suggestions to customers to gain their confidence and business
- Thorough understanding of automotive principles and the ability to diagnose problems and recommend solutions
- Performs other assigned store duties that include, but are not limited to, stocking, cleaning, sales, customer service, cashiering, truck loading/unloading, delivering, and inventory management
- Demonstrating an eagerness to be a team player and assist in other functions as assigned by the store management team
- Must have a flexible schedule that would allow you to work an assortment of days, evenings, and weekends as needed to provide quality service and grow the business profitably and with integrity.
Advance Auto Parts, Inc. is a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider that serves both professional installer and do-it-yourself customers. As of October 9, 2021, Advance operated 4,727 stores and 234 Worldpac branches in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The company also serves 1,325 independently owned Carquest branded stores across these locations in addition to Mexico and various Caribbean islands. For more information, visit www.AdvanceAutoParts.com
Why Advance Auto Parts wants you!
We are proud to support our nation’s Military Veterans, especially when it come to providing rewarding career opportunities when you are ready to enter the civilian workforce. When hiring new Team Members, we actively search for candidates that possess the invaluable skills that you have developed throughout your years of service! Skills like leadership, initiative, self-discipline, teamwork, excellent work ethic, to name a few.
Why you should apply!
When you join Advance Auto Parts, you’ll find many opportunities to connect with other veterans and give back to organizations that support military veterans and their families. We are proud to say that we have thousands of veterans already among our active Team Members! We hope you’ll consider joining our ranks!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Advance Auto Parts job posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on our career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on Advance Auto Parts career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once we review your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to discuss next steps.
Advance Auto Parts | Shenandoah, Pennsylvania
Advance Auto Parts | Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Advance Auto Parts | Walnutport, Pennsylvania
Advance Auto Parts | Lehighton, Pennsylvania
Advance Auto Parts | West Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Advance Auto Parts | Forty Fort, Pennsylvania