Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Support the day-to-day functions of the department operations. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil codes.
- Adhere to all state and federal guidelines regarding annyal licensing and restrictions on dispensing drugs.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Follow the approved efficiency and accuracy procedures when filling prescriptions.
- Monitor/maintain patient profiles.
- Monitor inventory levels and perform shelf maintenance to insure adequate service levels.
- Perform daily operational duties under the direction of the pharmacy manager.
- Follow department policies, procedures, and best practices for all pharmacy operations.
- Understand and perform cashier functions.
- Increase knowledge and maintain current medication information.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA privacy regulations.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Pharmacy technician license
- Continuing Education (CE) requirements must be on going
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to meet the minimum physical demands of the position
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
- Must be 18 or older
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
- Retail pharmacy experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License; Pharmacy Technician Certification
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Smith's: A division of the Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) one of the nation's largest grocery retailers, Smith's currently operates 139 stores and 95 fuel stations throughout seven western states. Smith's charitable giving, in partnership with 18,000+ associates, generous customers and suppliers, totaled $13.8 million in cash and food products to local organizations in 2015. For more information visit: www.smithsfoodanddrug.com or https://www.facebook.com/careerarsmiths.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: NV || North Las Vegas || 6855 Aliante Pkwy || 89084 || Smith's Food and Drug || [[mfield2]] || Pharmacy || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || Pharmacy Board License; Pharmacy Technician Certification
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.