An Asset Protection Specialist exemplifies integrity and honesty in every aspect of the job. Deters, detects, investigates, and apprehends individuals committing thefts or other crimes in our stores. Provides excellent service utilizing clear and concise communication with all store employees for the reduction of shrink. Provides feedback and recommendations on operational, department issues and personnel decisions to Asset Protection Management.
DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES:
- Apprehension of shoplifters in accordance with Company policies and state and local laws.
- Assigned individually or with a partner to work at various store locations.
- Assists in the performance of Asset Protection related inspections.
- Respond to anti-theft alarms.
- Assist with oversight throughout the store to monitor shrink control, external/internal loss, safety, food safety and customer service.
- Conducts investigations at the direction of Asset Protection management.
- Prepares and maintains proper documentation and CCTV for case management.
- Cooperates with and responds to requests made by police departments, courts and other law enforcement agencies as directed by Asset Protection management and in house counsel.
- Responsible for performing all job duties accurately and safely with honesty and integrity.
- Represents the company and the Asset Protection Department in a positive manner to the customers and the public.
- Communicates with employees on Asset Protection issues and processes.
- Reports any incident that may cause loss to the company including safety hazards, food safety and food handling issues, restricted sales, sale of unsafe or out of code product.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning employees, customers, and Company information.
- Must adequately complete and pass training within an 8-week period.
- Must be friendly, courteous, tactful and maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers in confrontational, high stress environments.
- Must stand, sit, or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to move quickly in case of emergencies.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to understand, accept and follow instructions.
- Must deal with potentially difficult situations effectively and assertively.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Mental alertness is required to ensure safe, accurate completion of work activities and to do repetitious work accurately.
- Must possess basic computer knowledge to include Microsoft office and its components.
- Complies with all Company policies including safety, Asset Protection, attendance, grooming standards, and dress code.
- Occasional travel, including overnight travel, may be required.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Scheduled hours will vary. Regular attendance is required.
Working conditions consist of a temperature-controlled store environment. Occasional exposure to outdoor environment with varying temperatures. Exposure to potential hostility when confronting or apprehending shoplifters.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of the personnel so classified.
Colorado Positions Only: Salary Range Begins: $21.00 an hour and is commensurate with experience and other relevant factors.
Full-time position: Benefits eligibility after 60 days of employment - medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, life insurance. Annual Vacation time. Entry level position with advancement opportunities.
Varied work schedule and locations. Locations determined by region the position is posted. Varied schedule includes evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Good attendance is required. Reliable transportation is expected.
The Albertsons Companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (MFDV) and welcomes diverse talent and backgrounds.
Albertsons Companies is a leading food and drug retailer that operates stores across 34 states and the District of Columbia with more than 20 well-known banners including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market, Haggen, Carrs, Kings Food Markets and Balducci's Food Lovers Market. The Company is committed to helping people across the country live better lives by making a meaningful difference, neighborhood by neighborhood.
We believe that diverse perspectives strengthen and enrich our stores, our company, and our society. Diversity, equity, and inclusion is a component of our programs for recruitment, development and training of associates and leaders. We provide opportunities for each person in our company to contribute their ideas, talents, and enthusiasm to the company’s success. Associates can participate in various associate resource and network groups, such as Women’s Inspiration and Inclusion Network (WIIN), Hispanic Leadership Network, Asian Network, Albertsons African American Leadership Council, and Albertsons Pride Alliance.
Who We Are Looking For
Albertsons companies is seeking transitioning military service members, military veterans and military spouses across the country who are looking to join an amazing company with a dynamic atmosphere that helps you learn and grow in all interest areas. We offer an inclusive and diverse culture where leaders become lifelong allies, as well as amazing health and wellness benefits to keep you at your best- all with competitive compensation!
Should I Apply?
Our diverse roles are nation-wide and provide opportunities in specialties such as:
· Store operations
· Digital atmosphere
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Albertsons job posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on our career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on Albertsons’ career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once we review your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
Albertsons | Denver, Colorado
Albertsons | Centennial, Colorado
The Home Depot | Lone Tree, Colorado
The Home Depot | Wheat Ridge, Colorado
The Home Depot | Greenwood Village, Colorado
The Home Depot | Aurora, Colorado
The Home Depot | Denver, Colorado
The Home Depot | Arvada, Colorado
The Home Depot | Brighton, Colorado
The Home Depot | Westminster, Colorado