The Consumer & Small Business Banking Technology is a customer-focused organization that delivers the next generation of payments capabilities; advances digital offerings; enables innovation to develop new customer experiences and products; and enhances digital channels, branches, contact centers, and ATM technologies. We are an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas, including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending. Our market positions are an outcome of great work by employees who are committed to serving our customers.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock' omni-channel banking access. The Small Business Digital Transformation team is looking for a highly skilled Java developer to be a part of an agile team tasked to solve challenging technical problems, geared towards providing new delightful banking features to our customers. Develop and launch scalable and secure Web services using JAVA, J2EE, JUNIT, Spring, and RESTful Services. Participate in the growth of a highly available, fast and resilient framework. The development tasks associated with this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with other technology teams and architects to define and develop scalable design solutions;
- Implement resilient and secure code solutions to enhance customer journey experiences and digital capabilities to automate,
- Optimize and fast track banking processes; contribute to ensure 99.99% uptime of web applications to ensure uninterrupted digital banking service availability; and Deliver secure software solutions following agile delivery model.
- 8+ years of experience in job offered or as a Java Developer, Associate, Consultant, Software Engineer, or related position involving application development or programming.
- 8+ years of experience in web application development and web programming development;
- 7+ years of Core Java experience;
- 5+ years of experience working with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) - SQL Server or Oracle;
- 5+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services;
- 3+ years of experience with Java Message Service (JMS) tools - WebSphere MQ or Solace;
- 3+ years of Micro services development experience;
- 5+ years hands on experience in coding resilient, highly available and scalable software solutions for online banking features using JAVA, Spring Stack, Kafka and Micro services architecture;
- 3+ years hands on experience is coding security aspects to prevent cyber-attacks and fraud prevention;
An industry-standard technology certification
Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of Core Java development experience
- Delivery focus and willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission-critical production environment.
- Excellent communications skills.
- 5+ years of Spring experience
- 5+ years of Oracle experience
- Experience using the following tools: Tomcat, Gradle, Git, and Jenkins for day to day CI/CD activities; and
- Experience using the following tools: Sonar, Micro Focus Fortify, and Java Flight Recorder for code quality and debugging performance or memory issues.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
At Wells Fargo, we’ve been proudly supporting military veterans and their families for more than 170 years.
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard, Reservists, and Military Spouses.
As a Wells Fargo employee, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Connection Employee Resource Group, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.