ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
- Obtain blood samples for laboratory analysis as required to complete physician orders.
- Perform duties at all times under the supervision of a Charge Nurse and within limitations established by and in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Use appropriate safety measures including personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Clean, disinfect, and rinse dialysis machines in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Prepare machines for hemodialysis treatments.
- Obtain pre and post treatment weights of patients per protocols.
- Safely initiate and terminate dialysis treatments per center protocol, and within scope of practice and as allowed by state regulations.
- Monitor patients during dialysis treatments.
- Mix acids and bicarbonate according to protocol.
- Complete water testing on dialysis machine at the beginning of each treatment day and as directed by the Administrator. Complete/document quality control logs throughout the day and after all treatments, as required.
- Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-service and continuing education offerings in compliance with company policy and procedure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- CPR certification required within 90 days of hire or as required by the state.
- Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
- Prefer a minimum of 3 months in dialysis healthcare or phlebotomy experience or CNA experience.
- Must be certified under a State certification program or a national commercially available certification program as follows (see addendum for Patient Care Technician)-
- Certification must be obtained within 18 months of hire date as Patient Care Technician. Time employed as a Patient Care Technician prior to employment with USRC will count towards the 18-month deadline for certification, unless a gap in employment as a Patient Care Technician is more than 18 months.
- Certification must be maintained as current and in good standing.
Successful completion of USRC training program approved by the Medical Director, including demonstrated competency, within 8 weeks of hire.
- Successful completion of USRC training course in the theory and practice of hemodialysis within 8 weeks of hire.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
STATE SPECIFIC BOARD OF NURSING REQUIREMENTS
Must possess current Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) certificate from California Department of Public Health (CDPH) at time of hire OR
Hired at USRC location recognized by state of California as an approved dialysis technician training program and obtain California state certification (CHT) within six (6) weeks of successful completion of training program.
Must possess current Certified Nursing Assistants - Dialysis Technicians (CNA-DT) certificate from Maryland Board of Nursing OR
Hired at USRC location recognized by state of Maryland as an approved dialysis technician training program and obtain Maryland CNA-DT certificate within three (3) months from date of hire OR
Out-of-state applicant must have active BONENT certification and provide proof of initial application for CNA-DT certification.
Must have New Mexico dialysis technician certificate at time of hire OR
Hired at USRC location recognized by state of New Mexico as an approved dialysis technician training program and obtain New Mexico state certification within six (6) months of successful completion of training program OR
New Mexico certification of hemodialysis technician is required for out of state applicant with active state or national hemodialysis certification; must obtain New Mexico state certification prior to working as a Certified Hemodialysis Technician.
National hemodialysis certification is not required in New Mexico.
Hemodialysis technician students must have a current basic life support credential prior to and while the student has contact with patients.
Must have Ohio dialysis technician intern certificate at time of hire OR
Hired at USRC location recognized by state of Ohio as an approved dialysis technician training program and submit application for Ohio dialysis technician intern certificate to board no later than four (4) weeks prior to completion of the approved training program.
Must obtain Ohio Board of Nursing Certificate (OCDT) not less than twelve (12) months and not later than eighteen (18) months of enrolling in the USRC OCDT program.
Must possess current Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHDT) certificate from Oregon Public Health Division at time of hire OR
Must obtain Oregon dialysis technician provisional certificate within three (3) weeks of successful completion of training program and obtain Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHDT) certificate from Oregon Public Health Division within eighteen (18) months. An Oregon Provisional Certification is valid for six months and can be renewed for one additional six month period.
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.
U.S. Renal Care was founded in 2000 and serves more than 25,000 patients in 335 dialysis facilities in 32 states and the Territory of Guam. We have a unique business model, developing and operating dialysis centers in joint venture partnerships with leading local nephrologists. At our core, we exist to serve our patients. In fact, we like to say that we are inspired by our patients. We do our best to provide compassionate care, where and when patients need it. We wouldn’t be a leading dialysis provider without our leadership team. Each team member brings decades of healthcare and business experience to their roles.
U.S. Renal Care, Inc. | Arlington, Texas
U.S. Renal Care, Inc. | North Richland Hills, Texas
U.S. Renal Care, Inc. | Dallas, Texas
U.S. Renal Care, Inc. | Garland, Texas
U.S. Renal Care, Inc. | Richardson, Texas
U.S. Renal Care, Inc. | Cedar Hill, Texas
U.S. Renal Care, Inc. | Dallas, Texas
U.S. Renal Care, Inc. | Mansfield, Texas
U.S. Renal Care, Inc. | Plano, Texas
U.S. Renal Care, Inc. | Waxahachie, Texas