About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Risk Analytics Consultant...
In this role, you will:
- Participate in moderately complex initiatives, and delivering insight and decision strategies within analytics and reporting, and contribute to large-scale planning related to Risk Analytics
- Review and analyze moderately complex data aggregation, forecasting, reporting, and programming models
- Be responsible for process production, data reconciliation, and model documentation in alignment with policy governance
- Resolve data, production, business modeling, and lead team to meet Risk Analytics deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of risk reporting policies, modeling strategies, procedures, regulatory requests, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, experienced managers, compliance, and technology to resolve modeling, forecasting, and production issues, and achieve analytic and reporting goals
- Partner with cross enterprise risk analysts in development of common modeling strategies
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Risk Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Risk Analytics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Overall experience around 2+ years in data reporting or analytic functions
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative fields such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, finance, economics, econometrics or computer sciences
- Strong knowledge of Excel/VBA/MS Office Products
- Expertise in SQL, Data management (DBMS) and visualization/reporting with disparate data sources
- Understanding of data analytics domain
- Ability to interpret data in context of the business
- Experience in data reconciliation and validation
- Ability to document process flows and data mapping
- Experience in Agile Project methodology
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Experience of performing root cause analysis
- Demonstrated excellence at developing sound credit processes and enhancing existing processes
- Proficiency in SQL, Tableau, BI/automation tools, Python and SAS
- Perform data validations for reporting activities.
- Employ any suitable approach for defining, executing, monitoring, and reporting data quality rules and outcomes.
- Support policy compliance and initiatives, Data quality and Data administration
As the company's second line of defense, Corporate Risk — or Independent Risk Management — provides independent oversight of risk-taking activities. Independent Risk Management establishes and maintains Wells Fargo's risk management program and provides oversight, including challenges to and independent assessment of, the frontline's execution of its risk management responsibilities. We manage risk according to the Risk Management Framework and ensure all employees understand their individual accountability for managing risk. Corporate Risk roles depend on a variety of skills, including: Data analysis and synthesis, root cause analysis, change management, process management & execution, risk governance, risk strategy, risk identification & assessment, risk prevention, controls & mitigation, risk monitoring, reporting & escalation, risk systems & technology.
Wells Fargo's Credit Risk Group independently oversees the management of credit risk exposures (including monitoring and reporting on aggregate credit exposures across groups, legal entities, geographies, and other jurisdictions) and the quality of credit risk management practices across the company. In addition, Credit Risk develops, maintains, and ensures adherence to company-wide credit risk frameworks, policies, and procedures that are aligned with the Board-approved 'risk appetite.'
The mission of Credit Consulting & Services (CCS)—part of the Credit Risk Group—is to provide and maintain an enterprise-wide integrated view of credit data to support our independent risk management function. CCS proactively reviews and questions data outputs, and provides credible challenge about affiliated processes, procedures, and controls. In addition, CCS provides vital subject matter expertise about Wells Fargo credit data—including objective analysis of risk attributes, trends, and reporting—for management, regulatory partners, and the Board.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
At Wells Fargo, we’ve been proudly supporting military veterans and their families for more than 170 years.
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard, Reservists, and Military Spouses.
As a Wells Fargo employee, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Connection Employee Resource Group, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.