- Independently develops, implements, and releases new product BOMs for complex modules and product structure. Works with key stakeholders including but not limited to Design engineering, GPM, PLM, BMO and manufacturing to develop and implement new product manufacturing, test, and sourcing strategies.
- Manages the development and validation of Operation Method Sheets (OMS) for medium complex modules.
- Performs 3D solid model virtual analysis process, including Master Layout (MLO) and Digital Mock Up (DMU). Actively participates in design reviews, providing DFA, DFAe, DFTp, ITO, and operational efficiency improvement feedback to new product development team to drive cost, quality, and cycle time goals.
- Perform BOM validation on new products/options. Also, should have good knowledge of the BOM generation process and change process in an ERP/PLM environment. Examples includes but not limited to Master BoM creation, Manufacturing BoM etc. Order BOM comparison with Golden BOM and correcting the BOM issues through Order BOM Change Requests (OCR).
- Work with Manufacturing / Production team to develop New Product Manufacturing Strategy & concepts.
- Leads the managed build process for programs/projects.
- Orchestrates change requests and executes change control processes including Non Standard Requests (NSRs), Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), Supplier Problem Sheets (SPSs), Engineering Specification Waivers (ESWs).
- Guide the Change Control Board (CCB) Team to Implement a change efficiently by inventory disposition decisions, Change implementation plan, Change Validation etc.
- Documents product-related issues/enhancement opportunities and performs Root Cause Corrective Analysis (RCCA). Leads the disposition and resolution of issues requiring Long Term Corrective Action (LTCA) for project/program.
- Provides technical support and training to Applied and contract manufacturing resources, including piece part suppliers related tonew product introductions.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- New Product Introduction, Commercialization and Management experience.
- Manufacturing Engineering knowledge such Plastic Manufacturing, Metal Machining, Welding, Sheet metal manufacturing etc.
- Basic understanding of Mechanical systems functioning and ability to interpret problems related to Mechanical Assemblies
- Understanding of Mechanical Drawings, GD&T in ASME and ANSI standards.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal to communicate to diverse functional groups and stakeholders on the program/project status.
- Ability to work positively in a team environment with wide range of individuals involved in program management under pressure and efficiently manage priorities to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills finding innovative ways to resolve problems with ability to lead others to solve complex problems.
- ERP Tool (Preferably SAP), PLM Tool (Preferably TcE) and CAD (Preferably UG-NX)
- MS Office Tools Like Excel, Power Point etc.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline or equivalent or Master’s degree in engineering discipline.
Minimum 3-6 years’ experience in Engineering Change Management, NPI, Program Management.
Exposure to Semiconductor Industry is a PLUS
Hybrid (WFO+WFH) with Flexible Timings
Yes, 10% of the Time
Years of Experience:
2 - 4 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paternity Leave
- Custom Work Station
- Disability Insurance
- Gym/ Wellness Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- On Site Gym/ Fitness Classes, Clinic (Site Dependent)
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Applied Materials job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on Applied Materials' career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Applied Materials reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!