Division Administrative Assistant
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Reports To: Division Vice President of Operations
Work Schedule: Varies
Amount of Travel Required: <10% local
Positions Supervised: None
WHO YOU ARE:
Do you enjoy being in the mix of a lot of things at once and providing support to a team? Are you friendly, energized by people-interaction, and love helping others? Are you excited by the opportunity to organize, problem solve, and deliver on goals?
Working within a divisional structure, the Administrative Assistant will provide assistance to the Vice President of Operations and support the division's Operations team with all administrative responsibilities.
WHO WE ARE:
- The Leader in food-industry-related contract sanitation and food safety
- Over $1 Billion in sales with an excellent history of organic and acquisition growth
- Over 17 thousand team members throughout North America
- Corporate headquarters in Kieler, Wisconsin with team members working in over 700 customer plants throughout North America
To be the leading food safety solutions company that owns the standard of health and safety for our PSSI family and brand protection for our partners
- Safety: We are committed to the health and safety of our team members and set the standard of food safety for the protection of our customers' products and brands.
- Integrity: We speak with candor, act with transparency, follow through on our commitments and abide by our principles and values.
- Team: We respect and value our team members, embrace diversity, and invest in their development through coaching and training.
- Customer Focus: We strive to exceed our internal and external customers' expectations through open communication, relationships, and continuous improvement.
- Achievement: We manage our business to provide opportunities and stability for our team members, and bring value to our customers, owners, and the communities we serve.
THE WORK YOU WILL DO:
As an Administrative Assistant, you'll be the heartbeat of the division when it comes to organization, meeting scheduling, calendars, reporting, business procedures and daily, weekly, and monthly due dates on all-things. You will report to the Vice President (VP) of Operations and will support them in successful leadership of the Division. Specifically, you will:
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment on all business matters that the VP asks you to handle on daily, monthly, quarterly and annual tasks
- Develop, execute, and maintain reporting responsibility for the Division, to ensure the VP of Operations and team are prepared for daily, weekly, and monthly deliverables
- Prioritize reporting on business accounts needing special attention which can include but not be limited to monitoring and reporting on plant performance or employee performance, with special attention to plants that are not meeting goals
- Maintain robust and accurate calendars and travel schedules for VP and various Division leaders as needed
- Oversee the Learning Management System (LMS) training reporting to ensure the Division is meeting training expectations and individuals are meeting training requirements, as required for their jobs
- Support and assist with follow-up training for Site Managers, Employee Retention Program Supervisors (ERPS) and Office Coordinators on programs as needed
- Work closely with HR Division Manager, Division Safety Manager and Division Food Safety Manager on various requests to support the overall Division leadership team
- Assist with the corporate transfer process to ensure Division's hiring practices are approved, within guidelines, and finalized with the VP of Operations
- Work closely with Corporate Support function in collecting documentation requested from the plants and ensuring a seamless process
- Clearly communicate with the VP of Operations on all necessary matters requiring updates, approvals, and day to day interactions
- Manage divisional meetings as needed which may include but not be limited to sending invitations, arranging logistics, facilitating the agenda, taking notes during the meeting, and following up with action items afterwards
- Provide support with the new hire process when needed, which may include occasional recruitment process assistance, processing new hire paperwork and system records, benefit communication and distribution, and other miscellaneous hiring tactics
- Assist with payroll process to include but not be limited to salaried team member specials, terminations, notes, leave of absences, transfers, comparing payroll totals, check signoffs, vacation, raises, and reporting payroll information to corporate office
- Manage prompt and accurate documentation of safety outcomes, disciplinary actions, investigations, medical paperwork, and terminations
Always maintain confidentiality, recognizing you will be an ally to the VP of Operations and will be exposed to customer and employee records daily
YOUR MUST HAVES:
- Minimum 1 year experience in administrative function
- Ability to work easily with computers, technology, and proficient in Microsoft Office products with ability to train others
- Communication Rock Star status! (Strong verbal and written skills)
- Trustworthy and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Active Driver's License
WHAT WE PREFER YOU HAVE:
Additional skills, qualities, or experience that would help you be successful in this role will include:
- Previous experience, supporting an executive or a high performing team
- Self-motivation to work independently and identify solutions to obstacles
- Adaptable to change – we move fast!
This position is an office position but could sometimes work in a facility that includes, hot/cold wet/dry environments that requires PPE.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. (PSSI) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, veteran status, age, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status, in accordance with all applicable federal state, and local laws. PSSI is committed to complying with the laws protecting qualified individuals with disabilities. PSSI will provide a reasonable accommodation for any known physical or mental disability of a qualified individual with a disability to the extent required by law, provided the requested accommodation does not create an undue hardship for the Company and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of others in the workplace and/or to the individual. If an employee requires an accommodation, they must notify the site manager or the Corporate Human Resources Department. If an applicant requires an accommodation, they must notify the hiring manager and/or the Recruiter hiring for the position.
PSSI is North America’s leading provider of contract sanitation services for food processing facilities, supporting more than 450 partner plants every day. Its team of more than 17,000 skilled sanitors, microbiologists, technical design experts, and safety specialists are committed to protecting people and brands by keeping USDA, FDA and CFIA processing facilities clean, safe and audit-ready. The PSSI team works hand-in-hand with every partner to develop customized sanitation programs for smarter and more efficient sanitation to improve employee and food safety. With PSSI, you can rest assured you will always have a clean plant, delivered audit ready, safely, on-time & on-budget. We guarantee it.
Vizient, Inc. | Chicago, Illinois
PSSI | Geneva, Illinois
PSSI | Batavia, Illinois
PSSI | Aurora, Illinois
PSSI | Berkeley, Illinois
PSSI | Berkeley, Illinois
PSSI | Batavia, Illinois
PSSI | Streamwood, Illinois
PSSI | Bridgeview, Illinois
PSSI | Downers Grove, Illinois