• Provide GAS3 selling experience for DIY and professional customers
• Provide leadership and developmental coaching for store Team Members
• Achieve personal / store sales goals and service objectives
• Manage DIY services including battery installation, testing, wiper installs, etc.
• Ensure high standards of customer service including prompt handling of any complaints for product and operational standards
• Understand levers to impact P&L
• Manager on duty responsibilities (touch base/coaching, issue resolution, floor/phone mgmt., task assignment and completion, safety, open/close duties)
• Weekly scheduling process
• Assist in backing up operations of commercial delivery program
• Provide DIY services including battery installation, testing, wiper installs, etc.
• Act like an owner
• Superior communication and customer service skills
• Ability to locate and stock parts
• Safety knowledge and skills
• Parts and automotive system knowledge skills
• ASE P2 certified or ASE ready equivalent
• Ability to execute and train advanced solution, project and product quality recommendations
• Ability to source from numerous places including special order, FDO, second source, etc.
• Ability to execute and train all store operational processes and procedures, and testing and diagnostic equipment for DIY services
• Ability to execute and train inventory systems and store equipment
• Ability to execute and train POS and Parts lookup systems
• Ability to review and analyze P&L statement
Essential Job Skills Necessary for Success as an Assistant General Manager
• Working knowledge of automotive systems preferred
• Speak and write English (bi-lingual a plus); communicate effectively and build strong relationships with customers, peers and upper management
• Use Microsoft software effectively (Word, Excel required – PowerPoint preferred)
• Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, sales increases, and gross profit percent
• Ability to review and analyze business reports, such as profit and loss statement (P&L)
• Hold others accountable, inspect work quality and give feedback in a way that is inspiring
• Ability to work an assortment of days, evenings, and weekends as needed Prior Experience that Sets a Manager In Training up for Success
• 2-3 years of experience managing a team of 10 – 20 Team Members in a fast-paced and highly dynamic retail environment
• Successful experience managing profitability; proven financial and business acumen
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), Bachelor’s degree in business or a related area preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• ASE certification preferred, but not required
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominantly be walking or standing. The employee is required to be able to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually working inside; however, they will occasionally be outside and exposed to various weather conditions while performing such tasks as installing batteries and wiper blades. The employee is also occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position is eligible for sales commission based on individual or store performance.
Advance Auto Parts, Inc. is a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider that serves both professional installer and do-it-yourself customers. As of October 9, 2021, Advance operated 4,727 stores and 234 Worldpac branches in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The company also serves 1,325 independently owned Carquest branded stores across these locations in addition to Mexico and various Caribbean islands. For more information, visit www.AdvanceAutoParts.com
Why Advance Auto Parts wants you!
We are proud to support our nation’s Military Veterans, especially when it come to providing rewarding career opportunities when you are ready to enter the civilian workforce. When hiring new Team Members, we actively search for candidates that possess the invaluable skills that you have developed throughout your years of service! Skills like leadership, initiative, self-discipline, teamwork, excellent work ethic, to name a few.
Why you should apply!
When you join Advance Auto Parts, you’ll find many opportunities to connect with other veterans and give back to organizations that support military veterans and their families. We are proud to say that we have thousands of veterans already among our active Team Members! We hope you’ll consider joining our ranks!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Advance Auto Parts job posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on our career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on Advance Auto Parts career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once we review your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to discuss next steps.