Kelly Science is the world’s most recognized brand in Scientific Staffing with more than 5,000 scientists on assignment daily. We are currently recruiting for Quality Control Lab Tech to work onsite in Bristol, PA in a temp-to-hire capacity. After conversion, this company provides 100% employer paid medical benefits.
The Quality Control Lab Tech would test raw materials, pharmaceutical, and biological samples for industry, academic, and government clientele.
We are seeking someone with a recent bachelor’s degree in Chemistry (preferred) or Biology (or closely related), who understands HPLC/ UPLC, FTIR, or ELISA.
- Analyzes the pH, conductivity, osmolality, and concentration of samples
- Prepares buffers and solutions
- Records his/her laboratory activities in logbooks and notebooks using good documentation practices (cGDP)
- Complies with current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) and all other regulatory requirements
- Sample receipt, check-in and out, labeling, and inventory management
- Coordinates testing to ensure deadlines are met
- Contacts external testing facilities as needed and collects test results from outside labs
- Obtains quotations from contract laboratories, fills out purchasing requests forms, and obtains approval from QC management for outsourced work
- Follows/tracks sample shipments
- Reviews and evaluates temperature data reports from sample shipments
- Effectively communicates with other departments to address sample and testing needs
- Reports non-conforming events
- Performs daily checks of equipment (e.g.: balances, storage chambers) and chemicals in the QC lab and appropriately disposes expired reagents
- Coordinates with departments and service providers for calibration and maintenance of laboratory instruments
- Operates to the highest ethical and moral standards
- Adheres to quality standards
- Communicates effectively with supervisors and colleagues
- Ability to participate effectively as a team player
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry strongly preferred)
- 0-2 years’ experience in QC laboratories
- Experience in U/HPLC, FTIR, or, ELISA preferred
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly
- Communication and Computer skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a team
- Temp-to-Hire (6-8 months to conversion)
- Must be willing to work Sat-Tue or Thur-Sun 10 hour shifts
- Benefit and PTO as a temp and 100% employer paid medical benefits available upon direct hire
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Frequently lift and or move objects up to 20 pounds and
• Must have the ability to stand/walk during entire length of shift
• Use of arms, hands, and fingers to handle, feel or reach
• Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Visual abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and ability to focus
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]]
Why Kelly - Since 2011 we have placed over 16,000 Veterans
Kelly applies targeted recruiting initiatives to the Veterans population (in all stages of transition) by aligning customer defined requirements with military skills and experience. The transition from military to civilian life can be stressful and complex for veterans, and our staff is trained to assist in this transition. Unlike our competition, Kelly places these resources without geographic or industry constraints, offering our customers and our employees greater flexibility. Kelly has a wide variety of local opportunities, for Veterans and their spouses, within our workforce solutions as well as national recruiting programs on behalf of our customers. Kelly’s leading placement opportunities for Veterans are within Information Technology, Engineering, Science, Light Industrial and Call Center.
Our specially trained Veteran recruiters are armed with a number of tools to help Veterans obtain roles that match their potential including skill translation tools, leading Veteran- centric job boards and Veteran/spouse social media networks, among others.
Through Kelly’s vast branch network, we are closely located to the majority of major military installations across the United States. Kelly recruiters participate in onsite and virtual military career fairs as well as advertise through local and national Veteran job boards. In recent years, over 150 Kelly branches have worked directly with their local military installations to recruit spouses and transitioning personnel. These teams not only engages with transitioning talent from local bases, but also have a strong focus on Veterans in areas where the military has identified high Veteran unemployment. This approach ensures that military talent is engaged and shared across the centralized military recruiting team and documented in a centralized database, so that other Kelly locations can benefit from hiring or relocating this valuable pool of talent.
Our focus on military recruiting is a win on multiple levels. Kelly gains top talent with the skills needed to excel; our clients receive the benefit of that talent to help them compete in an ever challenging business landscape; and Veterans receive gainful employment in line with their skills and abilities to ease the transition to the next phase of their lives.
A People Company, Staffing the World
Kelly founded the temporary staffing industry in 1946, and has maintained a leadership position through the years based on a valuable premise: we invest in people. Today that focus benefits our customers wherever they operate around the globe - in a growing number of specialized fields. And we’ll continue to meet the evolving challenges of workforce flexibility with staffing solutions tailored to your precise business needs, both locally and worldwide.
Kelly | Bristol, Pennsylvania
Kelly | Bristol, Pennsylvania
Kelly | Bristol, Pennsylvania
Kelly | Warminster, Pennsylvania
Kelly | Pennsauken Township, New Jersey
Kelly | Princeton, New Jersey
Univar Solutions | Morrisville, Pennsylvania