**This is a regional role. Applicants can reside anywhere within the region for consideration. The region consists of the Philadelphia, PA - Baltimore, MD - Atlantic City, NJ areas.
The Technical Services Account Manager (TSAM) will serve as a consultant and subject matter expert for our enterprise professional Customers and regional Professional Sales teams, providing differentiated Automotive Business SOLUTIONS (ABS) leveraged throughout the entire Customer Life Cycle. These SOLUTIONS include, but are not limited to, TECHNET Professional, eServices, eCommerce, and CARQUEST Technical Institute (CTI)/WORLDPAC Technical Institute (WTI).
Using this consultative approach, the TSAM will work collaboratively with the regional Professional Sales team to analyze regional markets and develop strategies that accelerate growth of our Automotive Business Solutions to gain market share. Together, the TSAM and regional Professional Sales team will analyze, diagnose, develop, and propose SOLUTIONS with a differentiated value proposition for professional Customer business challenges. These SOLUTIONS will serve to retain and grow existing Customer business and gain share from competitively held accounts.
The TSAM will play a critical role in leading the execution and activation of the TECHNET Professional, eServices, eCommerce, and CTI/WTI programs, their strategies, sales, and results at the region level. They are accountable for meeting or exceeding sales and membership targets for their respective region, but also project management and providing the needed support for each of the respective programs.
This position will utilize strong cross-functional, collaborative relationships with internal business partners to fully leverage their offerings and create a truly innovative value proposition and optimum Customer Experience. They will work closely with each supporting program department at the Customer Support Center (CSC) and work collaboratively with Professional Marketing to provide feedback and insights to ensure that SOLUTIONS and programs continue to meet or exceed the needs of current and future Customers.
The TEAM has an authentic passion for the professional Customer, leveraging the full complement of our SOLUTIONS with a strategic and innovative approach to our business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Partner with the sales and operations teams including the Commercial Account and Sales Managers, District Managers, VP of Operations, VP of Professional, and the Regional Vice President to develop sales and membership plans that meet or exceed goals for all SOLUTIONS.
- Using a consultative sales process, actively promote sales of Advance Professional SOLUTIONS and programs that are relevant to the needs of the region.
- Develop and manage the SOLUTIONS/programs sales funnel with the regional sales team.
- Actively support the regional sales team selling process by accompanying them on prospecting, discovery, presentation, and closing sales calls and program enrollments.
- Build relationships with Customers and Team Members to design selling strategies, decrease performance gaps, and improve top line sales.
- Closely monitor program retention and work with regional Professional Sales and Operations teams to maximize retention of quality professional Customers/Members in key programs.
- Partner with key internal business leaders to position our SOLUTIONS to be successful in both existing and new markets across the enterprise of Advance Professional, CARQUEST Company owned stores, CARQUEST Independent stores, and WORLDPAC.
- Measure, track, and forecast total performance against agreed objectives, including financial and scheduling objectives; act on course correction actions accordingly. Present regular status reports to leadership and business development stakeholders.
ACTIVATING AND ENGAGING
- Coordinate activation and engagement of TECHNET and CTI/WTI Communities websites.
- Assist the regional sales team in achieving the region’s TECHNET local Council activation and networking event goals.
- Membership requirement compliance for new and mature TECHNET Members.
- Help Customers activate with online purchasing through AdvancePro, eCommerce, and other B2B purchasing tools.
- Actively spend time in the field working alongside the store operations and sales team to assist in the execution and implementation of key program initiatives.
- Assist in the onboarding of new TECHNET Members and offer support for unique programs such as financing, re-imaging, CTI/WTI, MotoLogic, and other products to the Members.
- Ensure execution of contractual documentation, utilizing appropriate procurement processes.
- Education of both Customer and teammates on the benefits of all program elements and how they can be used to grow/benefit each Customer’s business.
- Support of the SOLUTIONS training programs for the sales team including TECHNET Boot Camps, ProCentral, CTI/WTI, Service Sales Academy, and other training outlets.
- Advocate for Members and professional Customers enrolled in our solutions – be the “voice” of the Member or Customer to the enterprise.
- Provide feedback and input to business partners regarding competitive information such as competitive programs and any other competitor activities.
- Continued personal development gaining an understanding of the operational benchmarks of how to effectively operate an Independent automotive repair business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Working knowledge of the independent auto repair business.
- Working knowledge of automotive systems and traditional automotive aftermarket.
- Working knowledge of the APAL/Exploris/APEX systems.
- Working knowledge of Advance, CARQUEST, and WORLDPAC products and services and the ability to market those products and services to meet professional Customer’s needs.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of team members, clients, Customers, and the public.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Advanced ability to develop and implement projects from conception to execution.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to operate in fast paced environment and meet deadlines as well as budget constraints.
- Ability to make decisions at a manager level and properly resolve issues on a timely basis.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office systems, particularly Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint.
- Prior Saleforce.com experience helpful but not required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, sales increases, and gross profit percent
- Ability to review and analyze business reports, such as profit and loss statement.
- Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Bilingual English-Spanish language capability. (Optional, but strongly preferred.)
- Ability to travel overnight frequently.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor of Science degree, and 5-8 years of sales and customer facing experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Indirectly lead and coach internal selling professionals to drive performance.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Possess a valid driver’s license and meet the company’s MVR requirements.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Advance Auto Parts, Inc. is a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider that serves both professional installer and do-it-yourself customers. As of October 9, 2021, Advance operated 4,727 stores and 234 Worldpac branches in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The company also serves 1,325 independently owned Carquest branded stores across these locations in addition to Mexico and various Caribbean islands. For more information, visit www.AdvanceAutoParts.com
Why Advance Auto Parts wants you!
We are proud to support our nation’s Military Veterans, especially when it come to providing rewarding career opportunities when you are ready to enter the civilian workforce. When hiring new Team Members, we actively search for candidates that possess the invaluable skills that you have developed throughout your years of service! Skills like leadership, initiative, self-discipline, teamwork, excellent work ethic, to name a few.
Why you should apply!
When you join Advance Auto Parts, you’ll find many opportunities to connect with other veterans and give back to organizations that support military veterans and their families. We are proud to say that we have thousands of veterans already among our active Team Members! We hope you’ll consider joining our ranks!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Advance Auto Parts job posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on our career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on Advance Auto Parts career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once we review your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to discuss next steps.
Advance Auto Parts | Woodbury, New Jersey
Advance Auto Parts | Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Advance Auto Parts | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Advance Auto Parts | Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania
Advance Auto Parts | Bellmawr, New Jersey
Bank of America | Pennington, New Jersey
Bank of America | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Vicinity Energy | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Zulily | West Chester, Pennsylvania
Zulily | King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania