Senior Software engineer JOB DESCRIPTION
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Consumer & Small Business Banking Technology within the Enterprise Information Technology business provides strategic technology solutions to the both the C&SBBT and Community Banking lines of business, including application design, development, and support
About the Role
Need to play Senior Developer role that expected to perform front end and back end related design, development and maintenance activities for DAT applications in DODCT area in C&SBBT. Candidate needs to work with US partner teams and it demands to be available as per the delivery timelines
- Works with diverse group of developers, business subject matter experts, project management from multiple teams with assertiveness and tact
- Play a technical lead role (coding, code reviews, design reviews, internal testing sign off etc.) for deliverables from WFI.
- Technical point of contact for all technical issues and partner with the team to analyze, investigate and resolve open issues, vulnerabilities, secure coding etc.
- Contribute to the design discussions, contribute towards design discussions, perform PoCs where ever required to support/back up design decisions.
- Provide technical expertise to support team during incident/problem resolution.
- Ability to monitor and analyze production application logs
Ability to do the reviews and follow the process methodologies and documentation
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ yrs. of hands-on IT experience in developing complex, highly integrated, web-based applications using Java/J2EE,Spring web services, Micro services, Spring MVC, Spring boot, Hibernate and worked in Agile teams.
- Knowledge working with GIT, Maven/Gradle , JIRA tools
- Experience in implementation of Java, J2EE and JS Design patterns.
- Hands-on experience in MSSQL / Oracle databases
- Experience in writing unit cases using Junit, Mocha/Jasmine/Jest libraries.
- Should be able to deploy the application in non-production environments on Linux platforms.
- Experience in Agile methodology
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Should be detail oriented, able to multi task
Nice to Have - Skills:
- Experience in PLSQL and other DB concepts are added advantage.
- Banking Applications experience.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
At Wells Fargo, we’ve been proudly supporting military veterans and their families for more than 170 years.
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard, Reservists, and Military Spouses.
As a Wells Fargo employee, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Connection Employee Resource Group, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.