Prepares wafers for experimentation to include cleaning. Loads wafers, prepares reactor for experimentation and cleans reactors. Operates reactor to perform thin film process. Recommends performance of process system and troubleshooting. Provides recommendations to engineering.
- Prepare cross section samples for scanning electron microscope (SEM) analysis and help / guide requestor to optimize sample prep procedure and conditions, identify cutting location based on pattern instructions.
Records process conditions and experimental observations. Evaluates wafers and thin films, including optimization of the process recipes.
- Operate scanning electron microscope (SEM) for cross section and top view or critical dimension (CD) or energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) analysis / imaging pending on job assignment, identify all of patterns of interest, understand image quality requirement and sample/beam interaction to determine optimized condition.
Prepares graphs and tables summarizing results and analyzes data.
- Understand basic scanning electron microscope (SEM) principle. Perform scanning electron microscope (SEM) system software alignment functions. Perform routine maintenance procedures, flash, plasma clean etc.
Responsible for all technology products. Coordinates with engineering on wafer evaluations. Sets up equipment for fairly complex experiments.
- Interface with requestors, understand their detail requirement, and communicate on results.
Uses quantitative wafer evaluation and process instrumentation knowledge to draw conclusions from data. Assists in training lower level technicians.
- Perform routine shut down procedure. Identify problem put tool down and call for service.
Checks performance of process system and acts on making it compliant to best known method (BKM).
- Develop and publish best know method (BKM) procedures including, sample preparation, scanning electron microscope (SEM) conditions, and special sample handling.
Knowledgeably operates laboratory process equipment and instrumentation.
- Coordinate lab activities and priority setting, on and across shifts. Ensure team synergy.
Orders equipment and supplies, and coordinates with vendors and purchasing. Coordinates instrument repair and maintenance.
- Perform scanning electron microscope (SEM) lab Self Safety Inspection (SSI). Coordinate lab accessory tool maintenance.
- Has comprehensive understanding of a range of processes, procedures, systems and concepts within own discipline
- Has in-depth understanding of how related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve shared and individual objectives
- May act as a lead for the team, may coordinate the work of others beyond own area. May provide subject matter guidance to more junior team members
- Resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions and applying methods, techniques, experience and precedents; exercises judgment within generally defined practices
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Has direct impact through responsibility for the quality of deliverables
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy to exchange ideas and information in a concise and logical way
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paternity Leave
- Custom Work Station
- Disability Insurance
- Gym/ Wellness Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- On Site Gym/ Fitness Classes, Clinic (Site Dependent)
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Applied Materials job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on Applied Materials' career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Applied Materials reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!