Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Assist Pharmacists and customers. Role model and demonstrate the Company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of self and others.
Fred Meyer also requires that all associates perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Model \"Customer 1st\" behavior; deliver and encourage other associates to deliver excellent customer service
- Greet customers, handle cash register transactions
- Check in/stock pharmaceuticals
- Maintain pharmacy records
- File filled prescriptions in pharmacy will call area
- Maintain pharmacy equipment and work areas
- Hand out refills when requested by the pharmacist
- Handle non-professional phone calls, including:
- Patients requesting refills of a prescription by Rx number
- Physician's office requesting refill authorization
- Physician's office authorizing refill requests providing there are no changes in the prescription
- Calls related to price issues and pharmacy hours of operation
- Calls regarding the availability of goods and services
- Calls inquiring about the refill status or number of refills remaining
- Calls dealing with the ordering of drugs and supplies from wholesalers and distributors
- Count pours and label prescriptions under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist
- Prepackage and label drugs for subsequent use under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist
- Process refill requests
- Enter prescription data into the pharmacy computer system after receiving a request for a refill or a hard copy of a new prescription
- Review the patient profile to retrieve information as directed by a licensed pharmacist
- Handle unit dose packaging/blister packaging under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist
- Handle calls to and from the physician's office dealing with profile information where no interpretation is required (i.e., quantity, date of fill, price)
- Reconstitute/restore medication previously altered for preservation and storage (accuracy checked and initialed by licensed pharmacist)
- File prescriptions and assist in 24 hour post-prescription audits
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus a minimum of one year pharmacy experience; or combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to pass drug test
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis, work any shift and work overtime as needed
- Maintain confidentiality
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Ability to organize/prioritize tasks/projects
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes
- Ability to work within set time frames
- Ability to continue education
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate or state license, if required by state of employment (i.e. WA, OR)
- Knowledge of Fred Meyer policies, procedures, and organizational structure
- One year customer service experience
- 4,000 SPH ten-key
- 40 WPM typing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, PRX computer system
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Fred Meyer: Based in Portland, Oregon with over 130 stores throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho & Alaska, Fred Meyer offers one-stop shopping with store employment opportunities in apparel, home, food, pharmacy and home electronics as well as opportunities in our division office in merchandise and product development, store operations, customer communications, public affairs, food and pharmacy. We are always searching for individuals who share our passion for service, leadership, honesty and diversity. Whether you like working with people, numbers or ideas, you can find a home at Fred Meyer. And with stores and offices across the Pacific Northwest, we have opportunities for talented individuals if you prefer to be closer to the mountains, ocean, or city.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OR || Tualatin || 19200 Sw Martinazzi Ave || 97062 || Fred Meyer || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Pharmacy || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || Pharmacy Board License
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.