Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Assist with activities in the pharmacy department including preparation of prescriptions, helping to maintain the actual day-to-day business of the department in a manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Pharmacy Technicians may receive refill requests over the phone, obtain health information, perform computer data entry, gather medications for use in prescription preparation (always checked by a Pharmacist), order medications and process received orders, assist in maintaining pharmacy department records, assist patients in locating over-the-counter medications, ring purchases on the cash register, and perform housekeeping of the pharmacy department space. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honestly, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates, with a positive attitude.
- Create an environment that enable customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the store.
- Inform customers of pharmacy specials or promotions
- Stay current on present, future, seasonal, and special ads.
- Label, stock, and inventory department merchandise.
- Operate cash registers and computers
- Counting and pouring prescription medications
- Help patients who are dropping off or picking up prescriptions orders with prompt and friendly service.
- Screen telephone calls for the pharmacists.
- Verify customers receive the correct prescription(s) and correctly make \"offer of pharmacist counseling.\"
- Place Computer Assisted Ordering and Cardinal orders.
- Communicate medication information to prescribers and their agents for refill requests.
- Restock inventory while ensuring proper rotation.
- Monitor inventory for overstock or expired medications.
- Maintain knowledge of loss prevention techniques.
- Participate in mandatory training programs and weekly huddle sessions.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be 18 or older
- High School education or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Ability to respect confidentiality of patient data
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects
- 1 year of customer service related experience
- 1 year of healthcare related experience
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certified
- Second language (speaking, reading, and/or writing)
- Retail experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
States: West Virginia
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WV || Parkersburg || 2007 7Th St || 26101 || Kroger Stores || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Pharmacy || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || Pharmacy Board License
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.
Kroger | Belpre, Ohio
Kroger | Belpre, Ohio