Location: USA VA McLean - Customer Proprietary (VAC393)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ117499
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on an Administrative Assistant III joining our team to support our client.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an Administrative Assistant III a typical day will include:
- Maintaining the calendars for Chief and Deputy Chief, answering incoming phone calls, scheduling VTCs and booking conference rooms, directing incoming visitors, formatting and coordinating memos, setting up computer accounts, and providing other ad hoc general admin support to the whole staff
- The AA will have moderate supervision conducting this primarily transactional work. Data entry, research and coordination efforts will require a level of autonomy and discretion/critical thinking skills
- The Sponsor Office has numerous senior and OGA visitors; as this is a customer-facing position with the AA being the face of the Sponsor Office to visitors and interfacing with other Agency elements, the AA must exhibit professional decorum
- HS Diploma and 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- The Sponsor Office is seeking either a full time or a part-time officer ideally available during core hours of 9-3 (we are flexible on the specific hours worked, but request a start time no earlier than 8am and end time no later than 5pm); we are willing to work a flex schedule if the officer is not available five days a week
- The AA will need to posses excellent critical thinking skills when deconflicting calendars, scheduling meetings, completing document updates, and tracking actions/tasks in sponsor systems.
- Must possess effective communication skills
- Proficient Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision and some team interaction
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401K with company match
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
- Diverse, highly collaborative teams
- A culture of mobility to foster your career growth goals
- Education and training opportunities
Not sure this job's the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.
Do you have a friend or colleague this posting describes? Let them know about the opportunity by clicking "Share." *Add a share button.*
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA VA McLean
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!