Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Online Grocery Pick-Up Clerk working as In-Store Grocery Shopper is responsible for selecting and gathering products for customers' on-line orders in the most efficient manner with attention to freshness and quality.
- In-Store Grocery Shopper initiates and completes selection process for customers' on-line orders.
- Online Grocery Pick-Up team is responsible for assembling customers' on-line orders, process coupons and payment, and deliver and load orders to cars when customers arrive at store for pick up.
- In-Store Grocery Shopper will scan and bag orders on the go while following all bagging standards.
- E-Commerce team including Online Grocery Pick- Up associate communicates any substitutions or exceptions to customer's order at time of pick-up.
- Meet/exceed customer expectations for ease of shopping, variety, freshness, and cleanliness.
- Adhere to local, state, and federal laws, food safety procedures, and company guidelines.
- Receive customers' orders from Order Selector according to guidelines, store products in optimal temperature zones.
- Read and follow directions given in the note section
- Ensure quality and freshness of all items chosen
- Communicate with customers via a portable phone and respond to calls in a professional and timely manner
- Retrieve each customer's order from all staging locations and ensure order accuracy, load order into customers' cars
- Pick-Up Clerk should provide a positive customer service experience that makes customers want to return to on-line shopping.
- Process the orders through the point of sale (POS) system
- Follow policies and procedures to determine appropriate substitutions in the event of an out-of-stock
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of staging areas and equipment
- Report pricing, scanning, and item location discrepancies and invalid temperature types to the store e-Commerce supervisor
- Inspect equipment and notify store Pick-Up supervisor or other store management of items in need of repair
- Perform required opening and closing procedures
- Learn and adapt to new and improved processes
- Assist in training new e-Commerce team members
- Meet/exceed productivity standards
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to read shelf tags
- Basic math skills (i.e., counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Any experience as a personal shopper or in a production oriented or warehouse environment, stocking shelves, or experience as a cashier
Select and gather products for customers' on-line orders in the most efficient manner with attention to freshness and quality. Assemble customers' on-line orders, process coupons and payment, and deliver and load orders to cars when customers arrive at store for pick up. Provide a positive customer service experience that makes customers want to return to on-line shopping. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: KS || Salina || 1235 E Cloud St || 67401 || Dillons || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.