Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Grocery Clerk (Produce) should review/inspect products for quality and freshness and take appropriate action with those items.
- Produce Clerk will gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Grocery Clerk (Produce) will assist with the preparation produce platters/trays.
- Inform customers of produce specials.
- Grocery Clerk (Produce) recommends fresh produce as well as non-produce items throughout the store to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Adequately prepare, package, label, and inventory merchandise.
- Label, stock, and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important, and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Customer Service skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Ability to obtain food handlers permit once employed
- Customer Service skills
- Retail experience
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Smith's: A division of the Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) one of the nation's largest grocery retailers, Smith's currently operates 139 stores and 95 fuel stations throughout seven western states. Smith's charitable giving, in partnership with 18,000+ associates, generous customers and suppliers, totaled $13.8 million in cash and food products to local organizations in 2015. For more information visit: www.smithsfoodanddrug.com or https://www.facebook.com/careerarsmiths.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: UT || West Jordan || 1820 W 9000 S || 84088 || Smith's Food and Drug || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.