Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Courtesy Clerk/Grocery Bagger is responsible for bagging groceries at check out for customers
- Associate will strive for at least five items in the bag while ensuring that contents or items are not damaged.
- Courtesy Clerk/Grocery Bagger follows best practices for bagging items in various types of bags (reusable/plastic/paper).
- Associate will assist in removing customer's merchandise from bottom of bascart for checkout.
- Courtesy Clerk/Grocery Bagger will offer to help customers with loading bags into their car.
- Perform basic shelf conditioning.
- Inform customers of grocery specials.
- Return merchandise to store shelves.
- Gather bascarts and return them to designated areas.
- Clean spills, collect and pick up trash inside store and parking lot.
- Clean all areas inside and outside of store.
- Handle and assemble seasonal merchandise.
- Understand the store's layout, locate products, and conduct price checks for cashiers.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions, accidents, or issues and notify store management.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Customer Service skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Retail Experience is preferred but not necessary
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Evening; Day
Jobs at Fred Meyer: Based in Portland, Oregon with over 130 stores throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho & Alaska, Fred Meyer offers one-stop shopping with store employment opportunities in apparel, home, food, pharmacy and home electronics as well as opportunities in our division office in merchandise and product development, store operations, customer communications, public affairs, food and pharmacy. We are always searching for individuals who share our passion for service, leadership, honesty and diversity. Whether you like working with people, numbers or ideas, you can find a home at Fred Meyer. And with stores and offices across the Pacific Northwest, we have opportunities for talented individuals if you prefer to be closer to the mountains, ocean, or city.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OR || Cornelius || 2200 Baseline Rd || 97113 || Fred Meyer || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.