Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Cashier/Checker is responsible for being visible and actively greeting, engaging and assisting customers.
- Cashiers process customer transactions through the check lane quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Checkers understand the Point of Sale (POS) system, and handle various tenders such as Cash, Checks, Credit, Debit, SNAP EBT, Offline SNAP EBT, WIC, Rain checks, complex loyalty offers, coupons and checkout procedures according to company policy.
- Checker needs to understand and adhere to the company's limits on cash shortages and/or overages and work honestly and effectively to control loss.
- Cashier needs to understand and adhere to guidelines on restricted sale items (Alcohol, Tobacco, DVDs)
- Report pricing discrepancies to the Scan Coordinator.
- Follow established policies and procedures (where applicable) for postage stamps, gift cards, and coupons.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions, accidents, or issues and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Customer service experience
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Customer service experience
- Prior experience as a Bagger or Courtesy Clerk
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: GA || Suwanee || 400 Peachtree Industrial Blvd || 30024 || Kroger Stores || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.