Minimum Pay Range:18.00
Maximum Pay Range:23.00
Essential Job Functions:
- Grocery Clerk (Bakery/Deli) will prepare items per customer requests using proper bakery equipment.
- Bakery/Deli Clerk should offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Grocery Clerk (Bakery/Deli) will be able to inform customers of bakery and/or deli specials.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Recommend deli or bakery items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Use all equipment in bakery such as the refrigerators, freezers, slicers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs and follow cooking instructions.
- Measure, prepare and mix ingredients according to recipe, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review \"sell by\" dates and take appropriate action.
- Properly use kitchen equipment, stove, computerized scale, fryer, steamer, robot coupe etc.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Understand the store's layout and be able to locate products when requested by customer.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Customer Service skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to obtain current food handlers permit once employed
- Customer Service skills
- Bakery or Deli experience is helpful
- Retail experience
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at King Soopers: Thefinal rate of pay is determined at store level based on prior equivalent work experience.
To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of some of the benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan and/or participation in a Taft-Hartley pension fund, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Potentially bonus eligible depending on varying criteria by location
- Associate discounts
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Parker || 17761 Cottonwood Dr || 80134 || King Soopers || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.
Kroger | Littleton, Colorado
Kroger | Englewood, Colorado
Kroger | Aurora, Colorado
Kroger | Lakewood, Colorado
Kroger | Aurora, Colorado
Kroger | Conifer, Colorado
Kroger | Thornton, Colorado