**What’s the Job?**
Ready to accelerate your career while helping our customers move forward? As a Technician at Penske, you’ll do exactly that. Here, you’ll do preventative maintenance and minor repairs on the newest and best maintained fleet of vehicles in the industry. You will help our customers keep their vehicles in shape and on the road.
Whether you’re looking for your first job out of school or have some vehicle repair experience and are looking to switch gears, becoming a Penske Technician may be a great fit for you.
Why is this job awesome? For starters, no day is the same. You’ll get to work on lots of different types of equipment—not just one manufacturer. We work hard to get the job done, but we also make sure you have the time you need to do the job right. Safety and reliability are our top priorities.
Working alongside experienced supervisors and master technicians, we’ll teach you about our vehicle maintenance processes and the cutting-edge technology we use. And we will make sure you are getting the industry certified training you need to succeed and grow your career. You’ll learn from the best in the industry. We also take pride in how clean our facilities are, and we provide you with all the necessary major shop tools.
If you are mechanically inclined or have completed any vehicle repair training, are willing to learn, and interested in a stable career with a lot of opportunity for growth, join our team.
**Tuesday to Sat. 7am to 3:30pm**
* Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers
* Using Penske’s tools and technologies to log, research and complete repairs, including basic vehicle diagnostics
* Doing preventative maintenance repairs—like replacing or rotating tires—and completing vehicle component lubrication and replacement, some electrical system repairs, and cooling system maintenance on gas and diesel engine vehicles
* Partnering with your manager to learn new skills using Penske’s technician training and hands-on coaching
* Working on other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
**Why Penske is for You:**
* Competitive starting salary
* Shift Premiums
* Career stability
* Opportunity for growth
* Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
* Strong, well-rounded training on a variety of OEM equipment (Penske’s Technician Certification Program is certified as a Continuing Automotive Service Education provider)
* Advanced vehicle maintenance technology
* Location and schedule flexibility
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred; vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair preferred
* Basic mechanical aptitude and 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair experience (preferred)
* Valid driver’s license
* The ability to solve problems and comfort using tools
* Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
* The ability to work well as part of a team and outside
* Basic computer skills
* Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
* Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background screening (to include criminal checks, past employment and education), the ability to pass a drug screen and physical as required by the Department of Transportation, and potential travel within a near geography for training are required
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When you join Penske, you’re joining a team that cares about doing its best. At each location, there’s a strong sense of teamwork. We’re all working together to move our customers forward. That’s true for the 9,000 vehicle repair associates who are working at hundreds of locations across the United States.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Automotive, Diesel, Diesel Repair, Diesel Tech, Diesel Mechanic, Gas Mechanic, Mechanic, Hydraulics Auto Repair, Truck Repair, Trailer Repair, Equipment Installer, Electronic Diagnostic, Car Carrier Repair, Mechanical Repair, Installer, Truck Equipment, Auto Mechanic, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Repair, Light And Heavy Duty Trucks, Truck Mechanic Service Technician, Heavy Truck & Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic, Shop Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Technician, Trailer Mechanic, Universal Technical Institute, UTI, Wyotech, Lincoln College of Technology, Lincoln Tech, University of Northwest Ohio, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Eaton, Meritor, Mack, International, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, Freightliner, Hino, Isuzu, Apprentice
**Work Locations** :
9525 Cox Spring Rd
9525 Cox Spring Rd
Peosta, IA 52068
**Primary Location** : United States-Iowa-Peosta
**Job** : Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
**Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit):** : PTL.Technician
**Req ID:** 2207792
Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing is a Penske Transportation Solutions company headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske Truck Leasing operates more than 350,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,300 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.pensketruckleasing.com to learn more.
Penske is great place to launch or continue your career. We are a dynamic growth company with a 50-plus year history of success that is built upon a foundation of taking great care of our customers, a dedication to excellence in all we do every day and tapping innovative ideas from our associates to drive success for our customers and our own businesses.
Penske offers a wide variety of transportation products and services ranging from full-service truck leasing and fleet maintenance, truck rental, used truck sales, and global supply chain and logistics solutions. Visit www.gopenske.com for more details.
Our company makes headlines regularly around the globe. Keep up with the latest news and information from Penske by visiting our newsroom.
Here, we support our country’s servicemen and women by offering a military discount on truck rentals at more than 2,400 convenient locations. But, it doesn’t stop there. We realize America’s veterans possess the unique skills and strong work ethic that lead to success. That’s why we make it our mission to hire thousands of veterans for the amazing career opportunities we offer. Consider a career with us. We’re always looking for veterans, like you, to join our team in a variety of roles, including as diesel technicians where you’ll use today’s cutting-edge technologies to take care of our customers – from individual consumers to some of the world’s leading companies. That’s not all. You could also join our team as a professional truck driver, fleet maintenance supervisor, operations management, as well as in logistics and supply chain operations. We’re proud of our commitment to hiring veterans and active Guard and Reserve personnel and have received numerous awards for our support.