The primary purpose of this position is to maintain the computer networking system in a government/classified environment by tracking server activity, performing upgrades of software, maintaining computer hardware, addressing questions about technical problems, and improving efficiency by evaluating system network functions. Occasionally, with new system upgrades or server fixes, work must be completed during odd hours of the night or on weekends. Additional responsibilities include providing tier-2/3 support to the classified networks. The ideal candidate will possess strong problem-solving skills, a high degree of technical expertise, and a commitment to exceptional customer service and teamwork. The successful candidate will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the organization and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, and software systems are fully operational. The Systems Engineer will be required to work on weekends to perform routine maintenance on servers.
- Experience working on classified networks (SIPR, JWICS).
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP stack is required (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, HSRP, VRRP, 802.1x, etc.).
- Highly technical and able to craft solutions, not just execute tasks defined by others. Hands-on ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices.
- A background in Cisco will be the best fit, but solid experience in other product families will be acceptable (e.g. Juniper, FortiGate, SonicWall, Aruba, Meraki).
- A background in Citrix Environment (XenAPP) is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding and comprehensive hands on experience with EIGRP, OSPF and BGP. Proficient in private and public WAN technologies (MPLS, VPLS, DIA, VPN). Knowledge of Load Balancers (F5, A10) will be a strong plus.
- Extensive knowledge of QoS, OSPF, IPsec and BGP use and design in the enterprise WAN. Knowledge of and experience with Software Defined Network solutions such as Cisco ACI, VMWare NSX, or Redhat.
- Experience with COMSEC management and implementation.
- Solid understanding of RMF and FISMA.
- Working knowledge of PKI implementation, Tenable, SPLUNK and Ivanti or similar applications.
- Hands on engineering work to install, configure, and manage network infrastructure devices (switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers and AP's, SSL VPN, AWX and Azure networks, etc.)
- Respond, troubleshoot, identify root causes and remediate issues in a complete, documented, and timely manner.
- Design for operations: Work to harden, enhance, document, establish process, and generally improve the operability and supportability of the systems encompassing monitoring, logging, and security practices.
- Develop processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment.
- Mentoring and support: Provide support to operational team when they escalate issues that are beyond their capability to address following standard runbooks and procedures.
- Work closely and effectively with project management, technical services and support group, external vendor partners, and the client to ensure a smooth implementation and transition of the network and related products.
- Perform troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common hardware/or software related issues to include all classified services.
- Perform advanced proactive server maintenance cluster/high availability maintenance etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of related experience in a secure environment.
- Current DOE Q or D0D Top Secret security Clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain SCI.
- Excellent communication skills, orally and in writing.
- Good customer relation skills and the ability to work independently.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, IT, or related field.
- CCNA Certification or better.
- CCIE in Routing & Switching or Data Center certification.
- Certifications in MCSE, Cisco, Oracle, CISSP.
MELE Associates, Inc. (MELE) is celebrating over a quarter-century of continued growth with more than 160 employees and offices in Rockville, MD, Washington, DC, Albuquerque, NM, and Honolulu, HI. We have an outstanding reputation for quality, integrity, and customer satisfaction, with a demonstrated tradition of building collaborative relationships with our customers to provide superior services. Our rapid response to changing customer needs, the ability to recruit and retain highly capable staff, and strong quality management ensure superior performance and high customer satisfaction. Our core services include: ♦ National Security and Intelligence ♦ Emergency Response and Management ♦ CBRNE Defense and Nuclear Security ♦ Cybersecurity and Technology ♦ Technical Advisory and Analytical ♦ Mission and Program Management Finance & Budget Program Management Strategic Communications ♦ Facility Management and Engineering ♦ Energy Conservation & Efficiency
Cloud Network Engineer (Remote)
Authority Brands, LLC | , Maryland
Network Engineer (Expert)
Amentum | Herndon, Virginia
Network Engineer (Access) - TS/SCI with Poly Required
Leidos | Chantilly, Virginia
Core Network Engineer - TS/SCI with Poly Required
Leidos | Chantilly, Virginia
Senior Network Engineer - TS/SCI with Poly Required
General Dynamics | Chantilly, Virginia
Support Operations Network Engineer
Leidos | Lorton, Virginia
Core Network Engineer Wide Area Network - TS/SCI with Poly Required
Leidos | Chantilly, Virginia
Raytheon | Sterling, Virginia
General Dynamics | Newington, Virginia
Senior Network Engineer
ManTech International Corporation | Chantilly, Virginia