- Working knowledge of NPME role. Under guidance of management, develops, implements, and releases new product BOMs for medium complex assemblies and product structure. Works with senior NPME to implement new product manufacturing, test, and sourcing strategies.
- Develops and validates Operation Method Sheets (OMS) for medium complex assemblies.
- Partners with Sr NPMEs in 3D solid model virtual analysis process, including Master Layout (MLO) and Digital Mock Up (DMU). Participates in design reviews, providing DFA, DFAe, DFTp, ITO, and operational efficiency improvement feedback to new product development team to drive cost, quality, and cycle time goals.
- Partners with Sr NPME to log change requests and executes change control processes including Non Standard Requests (NSRs), Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), Change Control Board (CCB), Supplier Problem Sheets (SPSs), Engineering Specification Waivers (ESWs).
- Documents product-related issues/enhancement opportunities. Assists in determining root cause analysis..
- Leads the Managed Build process for assemblies/modules.
- Provides technical support and training to Applied and contract manufacturing resources, including piece part suppliers related to assemblies/modules.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
Years of Experience:
2 - 4 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paternity Leave
- Custom Work Station
- Disability Insurance
- Gym/ Wellness Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- On Site Gym/ Fitness Classes, Clinic (Site Dependent)
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Applied Materials job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on Applied Materials' career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Applied Materials reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!