Facilities Maintenance Carpenter/Mason reports to the Facilities Maintenance Minor Construction Shop Supervisor and is responsible for work related to construction and carpentry duties associated with building & grounds maintenance support. This position is offered to Bahamian citizens only.
- Completes daily shop request orders assigned by the Minor Construction Shop Supervisor or Work Control Dispatch Center. Provides accurate completion codes and information on shop request orders upon completion of work.
- Competently responds and completes preventive and needs-oriented carpentry or masonry work.
- Assists with new construction or re-configuration installations as needed.
- Competently and safely operates hand tools such as hammers, rulers, levels, screwdrivers, pliers, knives, drills and saws. Operates power tools including concrete saws, table saws, miter saws, jack-hammers, concrete mixers.
- Mixes, pours and trowels mortar or concrete, builds or repairs walkways, walls and other concrete structures.
- Manufactures, installs and repairs items such as concrete forms, exterior structures, framing, structural walls & ceilings, windows, cabinets, shelves, railings, transport boxes, decks, steps and other related fixtures and structures. Reports unresolved repairs to the Carpenter Shop Supervisor for further diagnostics and resolution.
- Performs needed preventive maintenance inspections and tasks to shop equipment to ensure reliability and safety.
- Ensures work site meets all safety codes and environmental requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent. Two (2) years experience in the carpentry or masonry trade. Completion of a recognized apprenticeship, vocational or internal development program for a journeyman carpenter preferred. Must be experienced in the use of a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction and concrete equipment, measuring devices, power tools. Proficient in reading and understanding drawings, blueprints or schematics preferred. Must be able to work from ladders, and on occasion, confined spaces. Excellent organizational skills for prioritizing and coordinating work load. Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of personnel in a multi-cultural team-oriented environment. Must be able to lift or carry objects over 50 pounds. Valid Driver's License will be required. Subject to a favorable Police Investigation History Report. Must be a Bahamian citizen possessing a valid I.D.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
We are looking for skilled Veterans interested in continuing your career in aviation, global logistics, IT and Network support, and also unmanned systems.
We currently have positions open nationwide and globally to include: Kuwait, Iraq, and other overseas locations!
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
What happens after I apply?
First, you will want to ensure your RecruitMilitary profile is up to date, and you also have the most up to date resume to provide. Once you apply for the role you will be re-directed to complete your employment application on Amentum's career site. Once you complete that application a recruiter will review your skills and qualifications and reach out to you about the role as appropriate.