Now offering $500 Hiring Bonus to eligible employees after 90 days!
As you are learning to sell our products and services, for the first 2 months you will be eligible for a minimum commission guarantee, in addition to your base pay. You will receive the guarantee or your actual commission, whichever is greater!
If you’re looking for a sales and customer service career with high earning potential in a retail counter environment, this is a great option for you! Bring Your ‘A’ Game and we’ll help you reach your full potential by developing, rewarding and inspiring you to go the extra mile. So, whether you have experience or not, we’re always looking for passionate, innovative people like you to help us shape the future of our industry.
What you’ll do:
- Effectively listen and identify customer needs to communicate and offer additional products and services to enhance the customer’s travel experience
- Capture customers without reservations to increase market share
- Guide customers through the rental process using empathy, empowerment and problem-solving skills to provide a memorable experience to delight the customer
- Assist customers with vehicle exchanges, returns, future reservations and any concerns they may have
What we’re looking for:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Effective verbal communication skills with customers, co-workers and management
- Flexibility to work days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays
- Basic computer skills (typing, data entry)
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, enthusiasm and outstanding communication skills with customers, co-workers and management
- Ability to use proven sales techniques while providing a positive customer experience in a fast-paced environment
Perks you’ll get:
- Hourly base pay PLUS an extremely lucrative commission/incentive/bonus plan
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Eligible to elect voluntary benefits including: Group Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, Life and AD&D Insurance, Accident Insurance, and Critical Illness Insurance
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with potential company matched contributions (restrictions apply)
- Training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees, and a world of opportunities.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This role requires the ability to sit, stand, and type for prolonged periods. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Here at Avis Budget Group, we’re as passionate about getting things right for our employees as we are for our customers. And that’s saying a lot. We understand that personal aspirations matter. So, wherever you want to go in your career, you’ll find the right route here.
With 11,000 rental locations across over 180 countries and world-famous brands including Avis, Budget and Zipcar – joining our team can take you further than you could imagine.
Whether it's a leisure or business trip, we help people come together during those times that matter most to them. Avis Budget Group is the global leader in car rental services and home to Zipcar, the world's leading car-sharing network. No matter where customers are in the world, we can offer them a mobility solution tailored to their needs.
Want to join us? Discover more of the moments that matter in a career with us.