GovCIO is a team of transformers—people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can't do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the face of I.T. - from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
The Field Engineer candidate will provide USCIS user support at remote locations on assigned open tickets and work in collaboration with the Service Desk. The Field Engineer is responsible for resolving customer affecting technical issues in a timely fashion in order to maintain customer satisfaction. The Field Engineer installs, troubleshoots, and maintains an extensive variety of products and equipment. The Field Engineer will have the ability to make replacement cables from raw cable and RJ-45 connectors. Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed. Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers’ needs. The following are principal duties of the Field Engineer:
Deskside Support which includes
- Provide on-site support for deployment and security remediation functions
- Gather analyze, and report end-user support trends
- Analysis, testing and modification of computer hardware systems and software based on consultations with users and system design specifications
- Updating registry values, installing/configuring/updating computer operating systems
- Utilizing remote management to diagnose/modify update computer programs/software and computer systems
- Provide desktop, application and network application incident resolution
- Manage user installation and relocations requests
- Asset Inventory Support
- Conduct physical inventory of assets
- Conduct scheduled and random electronic inventories
- Assist in receiving and receipting property
- Transfer of property to other organizations
- Process computer equipment for excess and disposition
- Disposal Preparation Support
- Ensure disposal policies and procedures are employed
- Ensure every device is wiped/degaussed prior to site removal
- Encryption Services
- Administer and manage encryption tools application server
- Ensure laptops are properly encrypted
- Encrypt laptops discovered without encryption
- Provide password recovery for encrypted device
- Video Conferencing and Audio/Video O&M
- Troubleshoot system problems and repairs
- Work with support staff for remote troubleshooting and repairs
- Assist in setting up presentation devices and Video Conference units
- Set up, ensure functionality, be available during events and shut down video conferences
- Local On-Site Cabling
- Restart wiring closet cabling electronics including switches or other network devices
- Replace defective cabling electronics and simple replacement of defective cabling electronics and components such as switchblades
- Overseas Site Support (Depends on Position)
- Wireless Services
- Assist users with mobile communication devices (mobile phones, broadband cards, Blackberrys, and laptops) with incident support tickets
- Provide Tier 2 support in the field which includes hardware troubleshooting and OS re-install, Blackberry Exchange Server connection verification and equipment swapping support
- Service Center Services
- Ensure IT services are rendered/tested for telework users using VPN and CITRIX services
- Provide remote support services for telework/home users
- Support pre/post application releases
- Account Management Services
- Hardware Incident Resolution
- Identify and resolve hardware incidents and service requests of a consumable part
- US Citizen
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years experience troubleshooting software and hardware in a customer service role to include a high degree of technical proficiency and excellent problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Minimum 6 months’ experience troubleshooting Apple Macintosh software and hardware in a customer service role
- Certification in UNIX and Microsoft Operating Systems or 3 years experience troubleshooting, installing, and configuring UNIX and MS systems.
- Familiarity with LANDesk remote resolution and with using LANDesk to push packages to workstations to complete software installation
- Familiarity with CLAIMS 3 (C3) system
- CompTIA Network+ certification
- CompTIA A+ certification
GovernmentCIO (GovCIO) has a single goal: to be the preeminent source for new ideas in government IT transformation. We continue to grow rapidly, aligning our broad-ranging technology and business expertise to help Federal leaders confront their most pressing challenges.
Our founder focused on two key principles: delivering excellence and always putting the client's needs first. GCIO's consulting work began at the Department of Labor and has since grown to provide an array of work across the Federal space, most notably, at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Using Agile and Human-Centered foundations, we collaborate with customers to implement innovative and groundbreaking IT modernization, analytics, cyber-security, and digital solutions, as well as experience-based strategic management and advisory support. Our teams comprise industry, military, and government veterans who close the gaps in process, communication, productivity, and security. Our teams comprise industry, military, and government veterans who close the gaps in process, communication, productivity, and security.
GovCIO | ,