Lead Customer Support Operations & Strategies for $3+ Billion Innovator in Healthcare Talent Solutions
If you are an engaged and innovative contact center leader seeking an opportunity where you can make a significant impact on a growing and evolving organization, we invite you to consider the role of Director, Customer Support Operations at AMN Healthcare! These are just some of the advantages of joining us:
- This highly-visible role is an exciting opportunity for a vibrant leader who has experience building and developing a best-in-class contact center to make a direct impact at our thriving company. You'll have the ability to implement innovative contact center training solutions and showcase your expertise with leadership, performance management and much more.
This is an exciting time to join us: we are growing tremendously, expanding our influence and looking for a leader who can take us to the next level by achieving our ambitious and integrated vision and goals for the future of Customer Success.
- You will experience the satisfaction and fulfillment that comes with knowing that you are positively influencing the healthcare sector as a whole and the communities they serve. This contact center assists our clinicians with all types of issues and questions, allowing you to make an impact across several layers of our business.
- You will enjoy the support of our inspirational executives and leadership group and a team-based approach to meeting and achieving goals.
- Pivotal to your success will be your ability to establish credibility and build trusted relationships with colleagues throughout all departments at AMN as well as with external contacts including our clients, clinicians and other partners. Your accomplishments will be visible as you meet and exceed your goals and ensure the successful performance of AMN's Customer Success division as a whole.
We take pride in our collaborative and conscientious environment and our status as an industry leader in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) while operating as a growth-centered, values-based business.
We are a competency-focused organization, and the exemplary candidate for this role will encompass the following strengths: Drive for results, relationship building skills, critical thinking, strategic prowess and organizational agility.
AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation. We provide access to the most comprehensive network of quality healthcare professionals through its innovative recruitment strategies and breadth of career opportunities. With insights and expertise, AMN Healthcare helps providers optimize their workforce to optimally reduce complexity, increase efficiency and improve patient outcomes. Our Total Talent Solutions include managed services programs, clinical and interim healthcare leaders, temporary staffing, executive search solutions, vendor management systems, recruitment process outsourcing, predictive modeling, language interpretation services, revenue cycle solutions, credentialing and other services. Clients include acute-care hospitals, community health centers and clinics, physician practice groups, retail and urgent care centers, home health facilities, schools and many other healthcare settings. We are committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. We are dedicated to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, which enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry. For more information about AMN Healthcare, visit www.amnhealthcare.com.
As the Director, Customer Support Operations, you will lead, develop, and oversee the operations of Customer Support leaders and team members in support of the division's overall strategy. You'll manage department-level performance, coach leaders, and sponsor strategic initiatives, in alignment and partnership with divisional leadership in order to grow division performance ultimately impacting customer & clinician satisfaction, revenue and profit.
Our contact center is built upon a strong foundation, but it has been several years since it's undergone any significant changes. The right leader for this role will be both a strong change agent and an empathetic professional who can gain buy-in and influence by educating the team on why decisions and changes are being made.
Leadership skills will be the basis of your success in this role as you directly oversee 2-4 Managers and a contact center that is home to over 100 employees (supervisors, team leads, agents, etc.). In addition to your abilities as a leader, we're also looking for a professional who has experience selecting and implementing technology such as phone systems, IVR, call routing intelligence, case management systems and chat platforms.
More specifically, your key duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Strategize with division leadership on a frequent basis to evaluate Contact Center / Customer Success operational projections and trends in order to implement action plans that address fluctuating performance and exceed monthly goals.
- Interpret and cascade enterprise-wide company goals in terms of operations plans and production expectations for team members in order to communicate & reinforce strategy.
- Formulate, propose and implement ideas and solutions to overcome people, resource and competitive obstacles in order to achieve financial budget/plan leveraging divisional and corporate strategic initiatives.
- Expand the offering of shared services across new brands and service lines by quantifying costs and benefits leveraging ROI methodology with cross-functional partners in order to clearly evaluate changes and opportunities against bottom-line impacts.
- Address escalated issues from Customer Support Services partners for the purpose of improving back-office efficiencies and delivering value-add client services.
- Strategize with Sales, Quality, CSS, Traveler Benefits, and Housing Senior Leaders by aligning priorities and objectives in overall customer satisfaction thereby improving service consistency and inter-department handling of objectives.
- Consult organizational leaders on innovative approaches to problems leveraging research, benchmarking and broad technical expertise in order to expand solution base and expedite resolutions.
- Centralize technical knowledge and expertise of team members by reinforcing collaboration and organization in information in order to elevate awareness of trends and solutions.
- Mentor contact center leaders on many critical job functions, including change management and improving project management skills, thereby improving overall department performance.
- Reinforce leadership development expectations by observing managers in real time, and staying current on strategies in order to influence measurable competency and performance growth, utilizing the IDP & PSP processes.
- Incorporate sophisticated talent planning methods into strategic plans to manage succession, build career paths, drive engagement and deliver on service expectations.
- Create and adapt performance measures that stay current with company and industry changes by aligning metrics vertically and horizontally across the organization.
- Reinforce and advocate for the talent management processes across the department to raise awareness for the value of career growth and leadership development in order to increase proactive action towards personal, professional and business growth.
- Champion new processes across multiple divisions (shared services, business and corporate) by taking a comprehensive view of problems/opportunities while proposing value, casting vision and managing change.
The Ideal Candidate
To be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8-10 years of related contact center / customer service experience.
- 8+ years of direct management, leadership and supervisory experience.
- Performance management skills and the ability to coach, mentor and guide a team to success.
- Prior experience with process improvement and quality assurance within a contact center environment.
- Change management abilities.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build strong business partnerships with vendors, team members throughout the organization, leaders, clinicians and other key contacts.
- The ability to motivate your team and create a career development plan for the center.
- Passion for metrics and drawing insights from data. Resiliency and the ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations.
To excel in this role you will be a self-motivated leader who can execute on both a strategic and tactical level. If you have previous experience standing-up, enhancing or overhauling a contact center, this could be the ideal opportunity for you. We're looking for a leader who can roll up their sleeves and get in the weeds when needed while also keeping their eye on the big picture strategy.
As you already understand, the volume and pace of calls / emails is unpredictable and out of your control and you'll need to have the ability to flex and adapt at times to meet the needs of our clinicians. This will require the ability to develop a model and scalable operation that ensures the right calls are being routed to the right agents with an ultimate goal of one-call resolution.
The AMN culture is fast-paced and demanding, reflecting a personal commitment and drive that delivers objectives while maintaining the highest standards and practices that consistently contribute to our overall strategies, goals and positive outcomes of the company. This is a 360° role that will allow you to have influence at the top, side and below in an organization that believes in its people.
Respect • Passion • Continuous Improvement • Trust • Customer Focus • Innovation
These values are embedded in everything we do, and we invest in maintaining a culture that allows people to thrive and grow. We adopt a servant-leadership approach, and we'll expect you to do so as well. This means modeling a positive style, sharing your expertise and improving overall team performance through active and engaged listening. The pace is fast here, and things can get hectic. To be successful, you will embody a balanced approach that encompasses a commitment to results combined with the personality of an inspirational and engaging leader, passionate about their team members and the business as a whole.
As a company, every day, we...
- Deliver the best talent and insights to help healthcare organizations optimize their workforce
- Give healthcare professionals opportunities to do their best work towards quality patient care
- Create a values-based culture of innovation where our team members can achieve their goals
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus incentive program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, EAP, corporate discounts and more. Furthermore, you'll enjoy the open culture that AMN has cultivated in order to bring your whole self to work.
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.
We encourage cultural minority and female applicants to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We value professionalism in everything we do - this includes the professional presence we project as we interact with internal and external customers.
AMN Healthcare is the innovator in healthcare workforce solutions and staffing services to healthcare facilities across the nation. AMN Healthcare’s workforce solutions - including managed services programs and recruitment process outsourcing - enable providers to successfully reduce complexity, increase efficiency and improve patient outcomes within the rapidly evolving healthcare environment. The Company provides unparalleled access to the largest network of quality clinicians and physicians through its innovative recruitment strategies and breadth of career opportunities. Clients include acute-care hospitals, government facilities, community health centers and clinics, physician practice groups and many other healthcare settings. For more information, visit http://www.amnhealthcare.com or http://jobs.amncareers.com/ to learn about AMN career opportunities.
AMN Healthcare | Dallas, Texas
AMN Healthcare | Dallas, Texas
AMN Healthcare | Dallas, Texas
AMN Healthcare | Dallas, Texas
AMN Healthcare | Dallas, Texas