DescriptionSHIFT: Night Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Bi-Lingual Behavioral Health Care Manager I
**must speak, write, and read English and Spanish**
Overnight schedule: Week 1: Tue –Fri 10pm-8:30am Week 2: Mon.7:30pm-8am Sat/Sun 7pm-8am
Location: Remote work from home
Licensure Required: RN, LCSW, LPC, LMHC, or LMFT to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in the state of North Carolina.
Sign on bonus of $1,500 included.
This position manages a behavioral health crisis line to provide members with a service which is available twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, every day of the year through a confidential, toll-free number. Behavioral health professionals help with any type of behavioral health distress the member may be experiencing and offers assistance in linking members to supportive available community resources.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Uses appropriate screening criteria knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs to ensure access to medically necessary quality behavioral healthcare in a cost-effective setting in accordance with UM Clinical Guidelines and contract.
- Refers cases to Peer Reviewers as appropriate.
- Performs psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder assessment coordination implementation case planning monitoring and evaluating to promote quality member outcomes to optimize member health benefits and to promote effective use of health benefits and community resources.
- Requires MA/MS in social work, counseling or a related behavioral health field or a degree in nursing.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of experience with facility-based and/or outpatient psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current active unrestricted license such as RN, LCSW, LPC, LMHC, or LMFT to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in the state of North Carolina.
- Must reside and be licensed in North Carolina.
- Bi-Lingual (speak, write and read English and Spanish)
- Previous experience in utilization management reviews with a broad range of experience with complex psychiatric/substance abuse cases preferred.
- Associates with strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in English & Spanish, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are active-duty military, reserve, or a military veteran, we foster a welcoming environment that’s dedicated to honoring your service and helping you achieve your career goals. Veterans of Anthem — one of our Business Resource Groups — partners with our Talent Acquisition teams to maximize career offerings for you and your family members, striving to help you transition to civilian service and grow your career at the same time.
Join Anthem's Military and Veteran Talent Network: https://anthemcareers.ttcportals.com/pages/military
WE ARE HIRING
Anthem, Inc. is currently seeking military veterans and military spouses for a variety of open tech based roles. Our immediate needs are in IT support, cyber security, maintenance of digital and automation systems, and network specialists. These roles include Support Technical Engineer, Lead Engineer, Developer, Systems Analyst, Network Data Specialist, and Provider Network Manager roles. Whether you are looking to transition into an IT career or if you have experience under your belt in the Technology field, Anthem wants to have an impact on your career and professional growth by speaking with you about their career opportunities.
- Paid Time Off
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Medical Insurance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Adoption Assistance
- New Parent Transition Week
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Back-to-School Assistance
- Sick Leave
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Anthem job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on Anthem's career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Anthem reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!