-Cloud DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer (NEW HIRE BONUS UP TO $15,000)
Job ID: 2022-52653
USA-PA-Pittsburgh USA-VA-Fairfax USA-AZ-Scottsdale
Required Clearance: TS/SCI, obtainable within reasonable time based on requirements
Posted Date: 1/11/2022
Employment Type: Full Time
Hiring Company: General Dynamics Mission Systems
Requires a Bachelors degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 2+ years of job-related experience or a Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems/Viz has an immediate opening for a Cloud DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer at our Pittsburgh operations. Alternate work locations include Fairfax, VA; Colorado Springs, CO or Scottsdale, AZ. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nations core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $15,000 for New Hires Only depending on DOD Clearance
- Our Employee Referral Program offers a $15k Referral Bonus for any candidate referred by an employee and hired for this position
- A Relocation package may be available for this position
Responsibilities for this Position
As a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Guide internal customers on how to configure and deploy PaaS infrastructure consisting of identity and access management, network architecture, application security, logging, monitoring, deployment and more.
- Collaborate with Software Architects on how to best design their cloud applications for optimal scaling including content caching, compute optimizations, continuous integration and delivery pipeline, load balancer setup, and more.
- Interface with internal and external customers to deploy solutions and deliver workshops to educate and empower them.
- Work closely with Project Management to build and constantly drive excellence in our solutions.
- Guide engineering teams in evolving Cloud technologies.
Candidates should have demonstrated strengths and experience in some of the following areas:
- Experience working with, or are familiar with the differences between, public, private, and mixed cloud environments.
- Container technologies such as Docker, or LXC.
- Deployment of continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies such as Jenkins, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience maintaining production-grade applications in virtualized environments (cloud computing platforms and services).
- Scripting languages such as Bash, Groovy, Python, Powershell, and/or Scala.
- Effective communication and attention to detail.
- IT security practices or DevSecOps including encryption, certificates, key management, patch management, STIG, RMF, or security hardening, and auditing.
- Installation of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) technologies such as Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, RHOSP, or VIO.
- Amazon Web Services.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) technologies such as Kubernetes, Rancher, or OpenShift.
- Cloud automation tooling such as Ansible, Terraform, Terragrunt, or Packer.
- Open source server, messaging, load balancing, and database software (such as RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers (NGINX)/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms).
Do you like knowing that your work has life-saving value? Do you like the squeak of dry-erase markers on a giant white-board, or a lively debate about a users optimal experience, or the view of the South Side slopes, or the autonomy to accomplish your goals as you see fit, or board game lunches? Do you like the kind of day where you learn so many new skills that your brain feels like it just ate Thanksgiving dinner? Sound intriguing? Viz is looking for people like you: smart, creative, and fun.
We make software that interactively visualizes data. We make software that enables massive collaboration. We make software that supports our men and women in the military, that smooths the way of emergency responders here at home, that offers insight to researchers and data analysts. Were a passionate, close-knit group of inter-disciplinary thinkers and doers that craft truly one-of-a-kind software used all over the world, and we do it from our cozy-casual office here in Pittsburgh.
Check out who we are and what we do here
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!
General Dynamics | Scottsdale, Arizona