Company:US6469 Sysco Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:3 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
Travel Percentage:Up to 75%
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The Industrial Engineer II, Supply Chain will implement and maintain the engineering program across warehouse and delivery operations for US and/or International locations. The engineer will work independently or with other engineers through the complete life cycle of engineering projects from initial audit through implementation. The Engineer II will work with Site Management to design and implement process changes and standards including supporting communication with employees. Assignments include data collection and analysis as well as providing guidance to more junior engineers..Work content typically includes Engineered Labor Standards (ELS) updates, implementation of work methods for warehouse and delivery activities, process improvement initiatives, system configuration and calibration, and continuous education of field leadership and associates on engineering matters.
Areas of responsibility include standards development and maintenance, process and operational analysis using advanced Industrial Engineering principles, leading operating site audits, ELS implementation, Prescribed Work Methods (PWMs) training, field education and continuous process improvement projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing the development and maintenance of engineered labor standards for the operations departments at Sysco Sites and other Functional/Business Units through engineered standards software applications such as MOST, Labor Management system and the use of other traditional Industrial Engineering methods.
- Responsible for managing and executing analytical evaluations of operational activities using various systems, such as Warehouse Management System, Labor Management system, Transportation systems, telematics, routing applications and other Business Technology systems via SQL/queries.
- Lead operations team in engineering related areas such as work methods, ergonomics, process improvement, production thru-put, equipment downtime, and safety of the operator.
- Leads onsite audits and performance validations with the engineering program including ensuring accurate system configurations.
- Responsible for ensuring all Warehouse, Transportation and Labor Management system parameters and configuration data are accurately maintained as well as providing timely issue resolutions with the systems.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews and audits pertaining to engineering documentation, validation of system configuration, formulation of data analysis and engineered standards updates (by job codes and departments).
- Applies advanced Industrial Engineering methods for development of labor models, simulation and congestion models, regression analysis to optimize operational proessess while maximizing resource utilization.
- Monitor associates’ use of prescribed methods, performance and productivity to assist Operations Management in performing associate evaluations, identifying expectations regarding performance levels (labor system).
- Identify and quantify process improvement, value-add opportunities through data analysis, onsite observations and provide cost benefit evaluations for senior leadership decision-making.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for topics, discussions, and projects related to labor utilization, equipment and facility design, and labor costs and productivity.
- Provide training on ELS, PWMs, Industrial Engineering, work measurement concepts and tools.
- Accept additional responsibilities or special projects as requested as other duties may be assigned.
- Problem Solving – Is able to address issues immediately and solve problems with effective solutions, 5S and continuous improvement experience very beneficial
- Driving Results – Can plan work effectively and prioritizes tasks/goals and act upon with minimum delays to achieve expected outcomes, ability to influence others to implement change
- Accountability – Is trusted and honest with work output, takes appropriate steps and ownership with solutions when issues arise and acts with sense of urgency
- Communication – Can effectively and succinctly explain thoughts, ideas and information through written or oral communications
- Flexibility and Adaptability – Can shift gears on priorities and manage change comfortably and demonstrate willingness to adapt to growth opportunities
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, or Logistics
- MBA is desirable but not required
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in Industrial Engineering in large scale logistics or distribution environment or other industry regarding Engineered Labor Standards
- Experience with Industrial Engineering concepts, Work Measurement, Standardization and Process Improvement project work.
- Experience with Time Study methodologies, MOST, MTM or Master Standard Data (MSD) including time study software and Labor Management Systems.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Lean concepts and methodologies
- Prior experience in Consulting, Lean Six Sigma, Lean Warehousing or Facilitation of Process Changes
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Industrial Engineering concepts in relation to work measurement and the economy of motion including labor utilization, work flow and layout, process improvement and standardization.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Sr management, Operations Management group and employees.
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to present and clarify technical information in a manner that engages and persuades others for buy-in.
- Strong ability to identify issues, challenges and the ability to resolve effectively and efficiently with appropriate solutions.
- Strong ability to apply concepts of basic Algebra, Geometry and Statistical data.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, databases, process flow mapping software, AutoCAD, and Minitab.
KEY INTERNAL CONTACTS:
- Warehouse & Transportation Industrial Engineering Teams
- Supply Chain Operations Services & Strategy
- Field Operations, Market VPOs
- Warehouse & Delivery Associates, Supervisors, Managers, Directors, VPs of Operations
- Business Technology & Systems Internal Support Partners
- Must be able to travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies up to 75%.
- This position can be performed from a Sysco site within the continental US.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full time basis without future employment sponsorship.
- Applicants must have US citizen or appropriate travel documents, with the ability to travel abroad to Canada and/or Europe.
- Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more! Background and drug screen. EOE.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco’s Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
FROM COMPLETING THE MISSION TO STARTING A NEW JOURNEY
At Sysco, we value the skills you learned while serving in our armed forces. As a world-class foodservice company, we need the best strategic minds to help find solutions. Every day, billions of dollars are at stake as we use industry-leading technology and analytics to effectively and efficiently move our products. Together, we’ll problem-solve ways to save money as we influence the future. It’s how we make food possible. Build your future among our ranks.
Should I Apply for a Sysco Career Opportunity?
Sysco is seeking transitioning military service members, military veterans and military family members across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. Sysco offers a variety of exciting career opportunities ranging from delivery drivers to supply chain logistics. Career opportunities are available throughout the United States at both the corporate office in Houston and our many distribution centers from coast to coast.
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a Sysco job posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on Sysco's career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on Sysco's career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Sysco reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to discuss next steps.
Sysco | Lewisville, Texas
Sysco | Frisco, Texas
Sysco | Carrollton, Texas
Sysco | Rowlett, Texas
Sysco | Grand Prairie, Texas
Sysco | Garland, Texas
Sysco | Irving, Texas
Sysco | Richardson, Texas
Sysco | Dallas, Texas
Sysco | Rowlett, Texas