Now Hiring Monitor/Aide in Ketchikan!
At First Student, our Monitors/Aides are a constant reflection of our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The Monitor/Aide is responsible for providing operational oversight, day-to-day management, and assists drivers in safe operation of routes.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
- Knows the route and remains alert to monitor the welfare of passengers while in route
- Communicates behavior problems and conditions of various stops with the driver
- Assists in pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the bus
- Assists students in the loading and unloading process
- Cooperates and communicates with school personnel, students, and parents
- Attends all safety and training meetings
- Conducts emergency evacuation from the bus, including use of exiting by emergency door
- Opens and closes service doors and moves up and down steps multiple times daily
- Cleans the inside of the bus
- Assists driver when necessary to safely direct the vehicle backwards
Monitor/Aide Required Experience and Skills:
- Good verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Early morning availability
- Judgement/problem solving skills
- Ability to manage high degrees of stress
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
- We have 100,000 employees across the Group
- We have revenues of approximately $8.13bn a year
- We carry 2.1 billion passengers a year
- We operate, manage or maintain combined fleets of 50,000 vehicles
We have five divisions which draw on common skills and expertise, but which are varied by geography, customer base and a mix of contract and passenger revenue. Our broad footprint in the UK and North America gives us experience of two of the most developed markets in the world for transport services, and a breadth of expertise across different regulatory and contractual environments.
This means we can be confident that, whatever the specific transport challenge is, somewhere across our business we have already identified and implemented a solution which will work.
We have a competitive advantage because of our scale and the diversity of our portfolio of businesses: We design and operate hundreds of networks in partnership with our communities, procure, maintain and operate around 50,000 vehicles; hire, train and manage 100,000 employees; and transported 2.1 billion passengers last year.
Our overall strategy is to leverage our scale and the breadth of our global expertise for the benefit of our local markets. Somewhere in our operation we have already developed best practice for virtually every element of our work. And if we haven’t yet, we have the breadth of employee knowledge and experience to know where to find it.
As well as serving a huge range of passengers in the UK and North America, we work with national governments, state and local authorities, school boards and universities to meet their transport needs. Partnership is at the heart of our success across our businesses. We work closely with procuring authorities, industry partners and communities everywhere, so we can best understand and respond to their specific needs and deliver solutions to congestion, helping stimulate local economies and deliver good value for customers. In turn, stakeholders know that by working with us, they have access to our depth of knowledge and the best of our global expertise.
Each of our businesses has a market-leading position in a sector which is key to driving economic growth and essential to creating strong and sustainable communities. As a private sector operator, we are well placed to deliver the most innovative and efficient solutions to the congestion which results from the growth of urbanization across the world. We continuously improve our performance by sharing best practice across our businesses. This allows us to deliver high quality, safe and reliable services which meet the needs of customers and the communities we serve.
“The U.S. military is one of the best-trained workforces in the world. We are very proud to support the brave women and men in our U.S. military by matching talented veterans with opportunities to play a critical role in the educational journey of our nation’s school children.”
–Paul Osland, President,
First Student, Inc.