MRC Global serves the oil and gas industry across the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors as well as the chemical and gas distribution market sectors worldwide. We have an immediate opening for a Distribution Center Associate.
Job Purpose: Maintain the flow of stocked and delivered inventory by pulling material from bins, loading material onto trucks, placing new material arrivals into bins, scanning or entering the data into the inventory database.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential duties of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Unload material, tools, and equipment from vendor trucks; inspecting material for minimum MRC quality requirements;
- Stock and transfer material, tools, and equipment to appropriate shelf, bin, rack, or pipe bundle by a predetermined sequence, including bind location, size, type, style, and length;
- Mark material with correct identifying information;
- Transfer material to and from the shops for modification purposes;
- Assemble customer orders from stock and package orders in boxes and pallets as per customer requirements;
- Pull orders for delivery and stock-to-stock transfer; load onto correct truck or transfer to packing area using a forklift, overhead crane, and heavy equipment;
- Prepare documentation for UPS, LTL, SH, or Air Shipments;
- Adhere to required safety policies, guidelines and training;
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness in compliance with OSHA and customer safety policies;
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned;
- Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree);
- Ability to learn MRC, federal, health and safety regulations;
- Typing and basic computer skills;
- Knowledge of or ability to learn MRC warehouse operations and business processes;
- Basic math and good reading skills.
- Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
- Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries;
- Ability to understand and comply with MRC guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
At our core, MRC Global is a supply-chain solutions company. Our talented people connect the world’s best pipe, valves and fittings (PVF) manufacturers with the world’s best energy and industrial companies. We build strong, long-term relationships, and help our customers to extend their supply chains worldwide.