Company:US0057 Sysco Kansas City, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:3 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
Travel Percentage:Up to 50%
The Learning and Development Manager’s position is to serve as the learning leader and change advocate for a USBL region. Responsible for aligning with leadership to determine the needs while proactively promoting learning and development opportunities for associates.
As a shared resource between the region and market, this liaison will remain closely connected to center-led strategies while demonstrating the ability to clearly identify, articulate and execute on the learning and development needs and change activation that drive successful business outcomes in their Region. Part of their shared responsibility is to support all sites within their region, reporting directly to the Regional VP of HR. In addition to their region responsibilities, they work closely in strategic alignment with the Field Director of Learning & Development to execute the center-led strategy, center-led onboarding and development programs for USBL.
Additionally, this role is called upon to support the development of associates and facilitate multi-functional (Sales, Operations, Merchandising, Finance, Human Resources) on-boarding and leadership programs. This important role will provide insight and feedback to enhance training materials and offerings and develop new programs and platforms for learning that is relevant and actionable for the field.
This is an in-office position, requiring living within a commutable distance to the office. Travel is required at least once a month.
Support the learning culture at Sysco by your heavy commitment and participation in center-led onboarding and ongoing development programs.
Serve as a partner with multi-functional leaders to remain aligned with top priorities:
- Consistently participate in the regional meeting cadence with cross-functional departments to gain strategic alignment and offer input.
- Make meaningful connections with key stakeholders to understand multiple functions’ goals & align on how learning and development can support them in meeting and exceeding our goals.
- Support multi-functional field activation efforts by understanding and making available the tools and resources to aide in successful adoption.
As a learning leader, invest in your own learning and development to remain current with our tools and resources, new technology and industry trends.
- Demonstrate your commitment and ability to navigate to training resources for new technologies and our most current internal tools and resources.
- Proactively anticipate the learning needs of others and creates opportunities for associate/leader development through various channels, including our Learning Management System, our Technology teams, etc.
- Continually seek perspective by remaining connected and engaged with our people.
Advocate for our learning programs and priorities by driving, promoting and delivering on our business objectives.
- Align with leadership to remain in sync with our learning and development programs by developing a strong understanding of the programs as well as be able to communicate key objectives, benefits, role-specific responsibilities and required support.
- Seeks clarity in understanding to own your messaging.
- Creates a two-way dialogue by advocating for change initiatives and representing all sites in your region with your region leaders and market teams.
Leverage communication best practices and facilitate with confidence and enthusiasm to effectively influence the desired behaviors of our associates and leaders.
- Practice excellent written and verbal communication skills while utilizing inclusive language and understanding the topic, audience, potential roadblocks and delivery method.
- Effectively model how to put into practice our values and purpose in addition to Partnership Selling Process, Moments that Matter, technology platforms and various tools and resources.
- Understand which behaviors impact positive results and guide leadership to see how learning connected to behavior change impacts results.
Identify and create on-going learning and development opportunities to support our business objectives.
- Align with leadership to identify performance gaps regionally and support the development of learning plans used to coach individuals and positively impact performance.
- Leverage already existing programs and materials to support the needs of your region while providing consistent tools and resources shared across Sysco.
Leverage technology to connect with multi-functional teams through instructor led content, virtual learning, and development workshop training materials as directed.
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS & SKILLS:
- Strong program management, strategic thinking, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Technical Skills
- Proactive thinking to align the appropriate resources and stakeholders
- Capacity to multi-task and prioritize projects and programs to meet desired deadlines
- Ability and desire to learn new technology platforms and job-related skills
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications.
- Exhibit professional facilitation of training content and/or meeting execution
- Build trust and credibility in your position by being honest and ethical when representing training in a professional manner
- Display empathy while maintaining the required expectations to deliver our business results
- Demonstrate the ability to influence both in person and virtually
- Practice adaptability, flexibility, dependability and strong work ethic
- Ability to collaborate and work efficiently with others on work, on projects or towards one common goal
- Take the initiative, be a self-starter and motivated to take ownership for out of the box thinking and ideas
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma required
- 4-year bachelor’s degree preferred
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in sales or training role; equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in a project, results-driven or field engagement type role is strongly preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Up to but not limited to 50% travel required for this role
- Shared resource for multi-functional departments for all sites within your region
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco’s Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
FROM COMPLETING THE MISSION TO STARTING A NEW JOURNEY
At Sysco, we value the skills you learned while serving in our armed forces. As a world-class foodservice company, we need the best strategic minds to help find solutions. Every day, billions of dollars are at stake as we use industry-leading technology and analytics to effectively and efficiently move our products. Together, we’ll problem-solve ways to save money as we influence the future. It’s how we make food possible. Build your future among our ranks.
Should I Apply for a Sysco Career Opportunity?
Sysco is seeking transitioning military service members, military veterans and military family members across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. Sysco offers a variety of exciting career opportunities ranging from delivery drivers to supply chain logistics. Career opportunities are available throughout the United States at both the corporate office in Houston and our many distribution centers from coast to coast.
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a Sysco job posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on Sysco's career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on Sysco's career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Sysco reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to discuss next steps.
Sysco | Crete, Nebraska
Sysco | Davey, Nebraska
Sysco | Lincoln, Nebraska
Sysco | Bennet, Nebraska
Sysco | Waverly, Nebraska
Sysco | Malcolm, Nebraska
Sysco | Denton, Nebraska
Sysco | Greenwood, Nebraska
Sysco | Crete, Nebraska
Sysco | Davey, Nebraska