Position Type: Full time
Employee Type: Non-Exempt
Supports the FedEx Ground Facility electro-mechanical maintenance effort through basic power transmission and/or fabrication and/or residential/commercial/industrial electrical operational knowledge of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance and repair.
• Performs assigned basic preventative maintenance work according to FXG standards ensuring all instructions are followed and that each step is executed fully. • Responds promptly to sort calls; diagnoses the failure; makes required repairs. • Performs basic troubleshooting techniques on all material handling systems to diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical and control system problems. • Ability to use the CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) to enter and retrieve activity log information and reports. • Adheres to safety standards by promoting a safe work environment through attending safety committees, training, and verifying all safety concerns are addressed. • May be required to work flexible schedules, including Saturdays and Sundays, and on rotating shift assignments including day-time, midnight and sunrise schedule NONESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS • Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or maintenance engineering technology preferred.
Four (4) years (or 2 years with preferred degree) light industrial maintenance experience to include: • Basic power transmission and/or fabrication and/or residential/commercial/electrical or machine controls • Basic related troubleshooting skills • Basic mechanical or electrical installation Four (4) years (or two (2) with degree) related military technical experience in electrical and/or mechanical trades will be considered equivalent to the minimum light industrial experience requirements. Three (3) years of FedEx Equipment Operator or operations experience (Operations Manager and above) will be considered equivalent to one (1) year of the light industrial maintenance experience.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • Ability to follow detailed instructions to complete routine procedures and/or operate standard equipment. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with immediate management. • Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals. • Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to elevate issues and assist in development of effective and efficient solutions. Either mechanical or electrical knowledge to include the following: • Basic electrical knowledge through residential, commercial or industrial environment or technical school • Basic mechanical knowledge including power transmission, and/or fabrication skills • Preferred basic motor wiring or mechanical requirements • Basic mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting abilities. • Basic mechanical and/or electrical installationAddress: 8451 Willard Drive
Zip Code: 18031
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P180/Breinigsville
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Maintenance
FedEx Ground, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., and is a leader in cost-effective package ground shipping, offering dependable service to businesses and residential customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Through 95,000 employees, more than 600 distribution hubs and local pickup-and-delivery stations, and 61,000 motorized vehicles operated by 5,700 locally-owned small businesses, FedEx Ground transports more than 8.3 million packages daily. The company reported annual revenue of $18.4 billion in fiscal year 2018.
Founded in 1985 as RPS; rebranded as FedEx Ground in 2000.
President and CEO Henry J. Maier
$18.4 billion fiscal year 2018
More than 95,000 team members
Average Daily Volume
More than 8 million packages
Service throughout the United States and Canada
More than 60,000 motorized vehicles
- 32 ground hubs and over 500 pickup/delivery stations
- 25 FedEx SmartPost distribution centers
- 37 Hubs
- 31 FedEx SmartPost Distribution
- >550 Pickup/Delivery stations
- 635 FedEx World Service Locations
- 1,850 FedEx Office Locations
- 6,500 FedEx Authorized ShipCenter (FASC) and Third-Party Retail Locations
- 8,250 FedEx Onsite Locations and FedEx Ship&Get Lockers
- Fortune's -World's Admirable Companies
- Fortune -100 Best Companies to Work For
- Fortune -One of the 10 Best Workplaces for African Americans
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council -One of America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises
- Fortune Magazine -World's Most Valuable Brands
- Reputation Institute -100 Most Reputable Companies in the World
1-800-Go-FedEx® (1-800-463-3339) or customer support at fedex.com
FedEx Ground: U.S.
FedEx Ground provides 100-percent coverage to every business address in the United States, with small-package delivery in one to five business days in the continental U.S. and in three to seven business days to Alaska and Hawaii.