Req ID: 288226
BASIC PURPOSE: Direct sales and business development role contributing to revenue growth and customer retention at Trillium, in the competitive alternative fuels and facility services’ environment. As the Sr. Manager of Business Development your direct responsibilities are to create and close B2B relationships between Trillium and the heavy-duty trucking and municipal sectors, displace Trillium competitor-held accounts and defeat competition in head to head campaigns. The primary focus of the role is to identify CNG fleets and prospects in California with an emphasis on Southern California.
- Build a robust and consistent pipeline of profitable prospects from mid to large fleet customers and municipal entities that will contract to purchase CNG, RNG, Station Design-Build and Maintenance Services, EV, Hydrogen and Solar from Trillium.
- Successfully target new and existing alternative fuel customers that match the Trillium vision, values and national strategy.
- Participate in the development and implementation of sales strategies with General Manager of Fuel Sales in order to meet or exceed annual sales and pipeline goals.
- Gather market insight and competitive intelligence and become Trillium’s Regional expert in alternative fuels.
- Manage current Client relationships and account for up-sell opportunities by leveraging Trillium’s experience and performance track record with those Clients as new products and services develop.
- Develop knowledge database of the alternative fuels’ marketplace within their assigned region, including incentives, grant programs and analysis of trends and market factors related to achieving the sales goals that will impact the Prospect and Clients’ buying decisions. Translate knowledge into effective sales tactics and strategic insight to share with the Business Development team.
- Be able to gain and message a detailed understanding of the company functional capabilities at industry shows, client events or in the field selling.
- Play an ongoing role in managing customer expectations, ensuring changing customer needs are met, and assist in addressing any service and operations shortfalls.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or Finance discipline preferred
- 3+ years of formal experience presenting to Senior level executives and Business owners.
- 3+ years of experience with direct business to business sales experience with total contract values in excess of $250,000 per transaction. Experience within performance contracting, renewable energy assets, engineering a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with asset-based financial structuring and metrics with emphasis in sales and project development.
- Strong track record negotiating and closing multi-year agreements.
- Experience in Fleet Sales, or the Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and/or Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) industry preferred
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Use of appropriate interpersonal skills and communication methods to build constructive relationships with customers, business units, service organizations and other stakeholders to meet shared goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate cooperation and collaboration while participating in a group or team.
- Makes effective decisions and achieves desired results in the midst of changes in responsibilities, work processes, timeframes, performance expectations, organizational culture or work environment.
- Actively supports and promotes corporate and/or business unit changes.
- Focus on a goal and harnesses own and others’ energy to drive toward goal alignment; meets or exceeds expectations.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- Up to 50% Overnight Travel
Job Function(s): Corporate
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert
At Love's, we're passionate about providing friendly service and clean, modern facilities stocked with the fuel, food, and supplies drivers need to keep them going. We were founded on this idea in 1964, and it remains our guiding principle more than 40 years later: "Clean Places, Friendly Faces".
Love's has been at the forefront of the convenience store and travel center industry for more than three decades. We were among the first to combine self-service gasoline with grocery items, offer fresh deli sandwiches, add quick-service restaurants, and sell gift and novelty items. Today, we continue that spirit of innovation by adding Truck Tire Care centers and roadside assistance to our Travel Stops.
Who We Are Looking For
Love’s is looking for natural-born leaders, technicians, operators, and customer service team members. The skills and structure you bring from your military experience will strongly connect with Love’s fast-paced, multi-faceted and customer-focused work environment. Your ability to think strategically and execute tactically also translates well with our Love's team.
Testimonials from Military Team Members at Love’s:
- "After leaving active duty, I missed the brotherhood of the Marine Corps. At Love’s, that Esprit de Corps exists in a civilian setting!" ~ Angela
- "Love’s is like the military in its structure. You know what to do, when to do it and you’re given the guidance and leadership to do it." ~ Charles
- "Love's structure, camaraderie and intensity is very much like the military. They are going to push you further than you knew you were capable of, and they are not going to accept less than your best.” ~Kirk
Should I Apply?
Are you a military veteran or spouse who is looking for a civilian career that provides opportunities for growth and career advancement? Love’s is proud to hire veterans and active-duty service men and women. Leadership, strategy development and teamwork are the foundation for Love’s success, and we want your military experience to help you succeed in your career. Apply with Love’s today to take that next step in your journey.
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’, Love’s will receive a notification with your information. In order to be considered for next steps, please make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Love’s reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your background and how it translates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!
Love's Travel Stops | Los Angeles, California
Bank of America | Los Angeles, California
PNC Bank | Los Angeles, California
Sysco | Los Angeles, California
Sysco | Long Beach, California
Cummins Inc | Downey, California
Sysco | El Monte, California
Sysco | Chino Hills, California
Sysco | Walnut, California
Sysco | Baldwin Park, California