Is proficient on primary toolset and demonstrates ability to acquire additional systems and applications. Performs startup activities through Tier II with limited support. Able to complete qualifications with minimal assistance.
Completes quality repairs. Actively responds to fab issues by communicating with engineers in other locations and participating in escalation conference calls. May initiate or participate in projects to drive down costs or increase uptime. Ability to carry out action plans and report findings. Verifies operational quality of system equipment.
Follows all checklists and procedures and ensures correct Revs of procedures and schematics are available prior to performing work. May identify procedural issues.
Can perform most retrofits on equipment. Assists in process issues.
Applies diagnostic techniques and the use of documentation and test equipment with assistance from senior engineers.
Assumes responsibility for full customer satisfaction assuring excellent relations within assigned area. Demonstrates strong interest and knowledge of the customer’s business. Builds and maintains customer satisfaction through clear, consistent communication and the sharing of collective knowledge. Is consistently able to operate in high pressure or ambiguous situations. Solicits customer feedback. Understands the impact of various actions/decisions on the account. Is aware of potential dissatisfies and escalates as appropriate. Develops and executes corrective action plans.
Performs BKM’s. Actively engages in the use of knowledge management systems. Complies with all IP guidelines.
Complies with all safety procedures and consistently demonstrates safety as a value.
- Is skilled in a range of processes, procedures, systems and tool sets to carry out assigned tasks or has developed deep skills and knowledge of tools in a single area
- Uses knowledge of how the team integrates with others to accomplish the team objectives
- Builds and maintains customer satisfaction through clear, consistent communication and the sharing of collective knowledge
- Provides informal guidance and support to more junior team members
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on practice and existing precedents or procedures
- Impacts the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the team; uses discretion to modify work practices and processes to achieve results or improve efficiency
- Explains technical information within the team
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 20% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paternity Leave
- Custom Work Station
- Disability Insurance
- Gym/ Wellness Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- On Site Gym/ Fitness Classes, Clinic (Site Dependent)
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Applied Materials job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on Applied Materials' career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Applied Materials reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!