NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Application Support Analyst - L2 to join our team in Salt Lake City, Utah (US-UT), United States (US).
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Act as a key point of contact for operations & development teams to resolve business critical issues.
- Develop deep understanding of proprietary financial applications.
- Actively participate in Business Continuity Planning (BCP) activities.
- Scripting repeat support tasks to reduce risk and bring efficiency
- Analyze and resolve application issues
- Identify defects, discrepancies, and trends by ways of code debugging or log analysis
- Manage incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas
- Improve application stability and performance by observing patterns, recurring failures and/or issues, and advise application owners on permanent fixes accordingly
- Adopt various tools developed by Client Engineering team to automate failures using machine learning techniques and notify discrepancies in the health of production and automation of health-restoration, with a focus on continuous measurement of risk and cost.
- Identify alerts / processes that can be automated and then work with AppBank Engineering team in automating them
- Challenge existing application setup, processing and suggest different ways to solve problem or improve stability
- Actively participate in Change management process with view to manage risk in production environment
- Build and improve run books for generalists to minimize operational errors and gain fungibility/efficiency
- Develop reports that provide trending statistics to track and manage application health and support service performance
- Willing to learn and troubleshoot/support proprietary technologies not available through market place. No knowledge of proprietary technologies is required pre-hire
- 1 year of experience of application support experience (Production/ User)
- 3 years development experience with Java, or any other OO programming language (C++)
- 3 years development experience with Databases (DB2)
- Bachelor's degree (U.S. or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information
- Exceptional system / technical analysis
- Strong knowledge of the UNIX/Linux Operating system: shells, file systems, symbolic links, process management, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to infer from previous examples, willingness to understand how an application is put together.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven development/support experience in large-scale, enterprise-style financial services applications
- Collaborating with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved user interface
- Ability to work collaboratively in a geographically distributed team environment
- Familiarity with industry best practices around user experience theories and methodologies
- Experience in the Financial Service Industry
- Development experience, with support mindset
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City
Job Segment: Technical Support, User Experience, Help Desk, Information Technology, Developer, Technology
Innovation is at the heart of what we do. Innovation that makes an impact and improves business performance. Innovation that improves our clients’ bottom line.
We are always on the lookout for talented innovators to join us - especially for people who can use their creativity to drive value for our clients worldwide. Discover more career opportunities that can help you make the most of your skills.
Why NTT DATA?
We are one of the largest global IT services company with operations in more than 40 countries. We offer an advanced portfolio of application, business process, cloud, and infrastructure services to businesses and governments worldwide.
Our roots cross continents and cultures, dating back five decades. We’ve grown organically and decisively by acquiring some of the best IT services providers across the globe. This pedigree yields a characteristic special to NTT DATA: the opportunity of a global brand with the creative energy of a start-up.
NTT DATA | Salt Lake City, Utah
Michael Baker | Midvale, Utah
The Boeing Company | Salt Lake City, Utah
AES | Salt Lake City, Utah
Honeywell | Salt Lake City, Utah
FedEx Ground | North Salt Lake, Utah
LinQuest | Hill Air Force Base, Utah