Liberty Mutual Insurance
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE
*This is an outside sales role where you will prospect to generate leads and grow a book of business - candidates must be local to the listed geographic area
Do you love unlimited income and top-notch recognition? As a Liberty Mutual field sales representative, you’ll have the autonomy to develop a lucrative career by providing customers with the Auto, Home, and Life insurance products they need from a suite of A-rated carriers.
Liberty field sales reps enjoy:
- Uncapped pay—including base salary, bonuses, prizes, and recognition that includes worldwide travel
- Total average first year earnings range from $65k to $85k through a combination of base, bonus, and uncapped commission
- Potential for top performers to earn over $150k+
- Some roles eligible for $5k Sign-On bonus
- Paid training and mentorships for employees who want to pursue their career goals
- Sales support—earning commissions for leads even if other team members close the deals
- Comprehensive benefits from day 1, including health and dental insurance, paid time off, and flexible work arrangements to help you keep balance in your personal and professional life
*Up to $5,000 Sign-On Bonus for new candidates that have an active P&C and/or Life license OR obtain licenses prior to starting as a Sales Representative
- $2,500 if you hold an active P&C license, $2,500 if you hold an active Life license. $5,000 sign-on bonus if you hold both active P&C and Life licenses!
- Not licensed? You can earn this bonus if you obtain your P&C and/or Life licenses prior to your start dates (Must provide proof of passing licensing test. Liberty will pay for any materials/class)
- To qualify for the sign-on bonus, applicants must be new (not applied in the past 6 months) and apply after January 5, 2022. Bonus will be scheduled on day 30 for next period pay out date. There is a 1 year payback clause if your employment is terminated prior to your first year anniversary
Ready to find out what it means to work for a Fortune 100 company that’s committed to putting people first, acting responsibly, and making things better? We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you’re a:
- Highly driven and performing salesperson: You enjoy prospecting for new customers, demonstrating resiliency, and applying your enthusiastic work ethic to generate leads and close deals
- Desire to win: If friendly rivalries with your sales team/colleagues is your thing, and you go above and beyond to win bonuses and awards, you will become a perennial award winner coupled with exceptional compensation
- Charismatic person: Your interpersonal skills are second-to-none, and you’re able to apply market insights to identify and cultivate new clients, as well as tailor products and services to meet existing customers’ needs
- Relationship builder: Your focus is on the long game—building strong relationships within local communities and organizations, while maintaining open lines of communication for future sales opportunities
Working for Liberty Mutual means working for a company that’s committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do that through leadership development programs aimed at advancing, engaging, and retaining under-represented talent and our Employee Resource Groups, which strengthen our inclusive workplace, enhance personal development, and provide ways for employees to connect, learn, and engage.
- Previous employment in sales where you have successfully turned prospects into customers
- A state insurance license—or willingness to earn one with Liberty Mutual’s training and support—in Property & Casualty, Life and Accident & Health
Knowledge and Skills
- Effective written, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Well-developed persuasion and negotiation skills
- Great interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build rapport with prospective and existing customers
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to learn insurance coverage and underwriting guidelines
- Familiarity with finding, building and growing leads with a customer base
- High School Diploma with relevant sales experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Since 1912, we at Liberty Mutual have committed ourselves to providing broad, useful and competitively-priced insurance products and services to meet our customers' ever-changing needs. Our delivery on this commitment is the reason we’re now the third-largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S. based on 2010 net written premium, why we’ve earned an A.M. Best Co. ‘A’ (Excellent) rating, and why we have the breadth, depth and financial strength that you can always depend on - in the United States and around the world.
- We believe progress happens when people feel secure.
- Our belief represents the driving convictions we have about people and the world.
- We exist to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Our purpose serves as the organizational North Star that defines and guides everything we do.
- We promise protection for the unexpected, delivered with care.
- Our promise describes what we do and how we do it differently.
Passion has its benefits. At Liberty Mutual, we value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better. And it is our privilege to offer you benefits that support your life and well-being.
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- DentalVisionDisability Insurance (both short- and long-term)
- Life Insurance (for you and your family)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), including dependent care resources
- Retirement Benefit (pension) Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Other valuable benefits
Liberty Mutual Insurance Group | Chicago, Illinois
Liberty Mutual Insurance Group | Orland Park, Illinois