- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Develops strong relationships with most valuable customers.
- Registers customer purchases on assigned cash register, collects cash and distributes change as requested; processes voids, returns, rain checks, refunds, and exchanges as needed.
- Recommends items for sale to customer and recommends trade-up and/or companion items. Assists with OTC products, and takes customer to aisle when possible.
- Operates pharmacy systems to obtain patient prescription status.
- Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Keeps counters and shelves clean and well merchandised, takes inventory, and maintains records. Checks in and prices merchandise as required or as directed by store manager or communicated by the shift leader.
- Implements Company asset protection procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
- Constructs and maintains displays, including promotional, seasonal, super structures, and sale merchandise. Completes resets and revisions as directed.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store equipment.
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring clean, neat, orderly store condition and appearance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager or assigned by corporate.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend hours.
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Please review the available benefits and salary available for this position by clicking here: jobs.walgreens.com/benefits. Walgreens will provide applicants in other states with information related to the position, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling 1-866-967-5492.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list.
Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
Walgreens is the the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA), and WBA is currently ranked No. 1 in the Food and Drug Industry list of Fortune's World Most Admired Companies (2019), and has been included on this list as WBA (or previously as Walgreen Co.) for the past 26 consecutive years.