The Field Service Technician regularly performs both complex and basic on-site customer support activities involving the installation, maintenance, repair, hardware integration, hardware and software upgrades, troubleshooting, and training on products within customer facilities. Service technicians instruct customers in the day-to-day functionality, operation, and basic maintenance of the systems and serve as the subject matter expert (SME) while on site in all technical matters. Given that the role is heavily customer facing, SPECTRO Field Service Technicians are held to the highest of professional standards in their appearance, conduct, and ethics in providing a superior level of service and training to customers. Although operating autonomously in servicing work orders, regular training/cross training opportunities as well as daily dialogue with Supervisors/Specialists allow for seamless communication and professional development. .
- Performs both complex and basic on-site customer support activities involving the installation, maintenance, repair, hardware integration, hardware and software upgrades, troubleshooting, and training on products within customer facilities.
- Travels extensively, throughout a set geographic region of responsibility, Monday through Friday, via Company provided automobile, plane, or other means of transportation in order to train and/or service customer instruments.
- Travel at least 90% - Expect overnight hotel stays to account for 50-65% of weeknights
- Airfare, rental cars, meals*, hotels, baggage fees, etc. are 100% reimbursable
- Weekends/holidays travel/work rare; traditionally offered on a strictly voluntary basis
- Provide installations and training to customers and other field service engineers.
- Perform both complex and basic on-site customer support activities involving the installation, service, repair, hardware integration, hardware and software upgrades, support troubleshooting, and training on products at customer sites in a timely manner.
- Conduct on-site installation of complex products and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working order.
- Check out and approve operational quality of products. Isolate equipment start-up malfunctions and take corrective action.
- Perform remote technical support & troubleshooting with customers while updating service tickets within SPECTROs customer management system (CRM) on a limited basis, as needed
- Eligible after approximately 15-24 months with the Company
- Subject to the needs of the business
- Address complex technical questions on equipment and work with customers to troubleshoot problems.
- Partner with SPECTRO Technical Support and Manufacturing groups for corrective action and resolution. Make recommended design changes.
- Attend both remote and in person training within ones functional area and, as needed, outside of a functional area, in order to gain necessary training skills in the area of support
- Prepare and submit expense and service reports timely and accurately, in accordance with SPECTRO Policies & Procedures.
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or background in Analytical Chemistry is a plus.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the operation of Analytical Instrumentation (ICP-OES, ED-XRF, HH-XRF or Arc/Spark-OES) is highly preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years hands-on field service experience or Maintenance & repair/service of analytical lab instrumentation is highly preferred.
- Competency and high level of understanding of vacuum systems, metallurgy, physics and chemistry is preferred.
- Competency and high level of understanding of control system electronics and high voltage power supplies.
- Proficiency in use of basic hand tools.
- Above average computer skills, knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and other similar software packages.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]
Why Kelly - Since 2011 we have placed over 16,000 Veterans
Kelly applies targeted recruiting initiatives to the Veterans population (in all stages of transition) by aligning customer defined requirements with military skills and experience. The transition from military to civilian life can be stressful and complex for veterans, and our staff is trained to assist in this transition. Unlike our competition, Kelly places these resources without geographic or industry constraints, offering our customers and our employees greater flexibility. Kelly has a wide variety of local opportunities, for Veterans and their spouses, within our workforce solutions as well as national recruiting programs on behalf of our customers. Kelly’s leading placement opportunities for Veterans are within Information Technology, Engineering, Science, Light Industrial and Call Center.
Our specially trained Veteran recruiters are armed with a number of tools to help Veterans obtain roles that match their potential including skill translation tools, leading Veteran- centric job boards and Veteran/spouse social media networks, among others.
Through Kelly’s vast branch network, we are closely located to the majority of major military installations across the United States. Kelly recruiters participate in onsite and virtual military career fairs as well as advertise through local and national Veteran job boards. In recent years, over 150 Kelly branches have worked directly with their local military installations to recruit spouses and transitioning personnel. These teams not only engages with transitioning talent from local bases, but also have a strong focus on Veterans in areas where the military has identified high Veteran unemployment. This approach ensures that military talent is engaged and shared across the centralized military recruiting team and documented in a centralized database, so that other Kelly locations can benefit from hiring or relocating this valuable pool of talent.
Our focus on military recruiting is a win on multiple levels. Kelly gains top talent with the skills needed to excel; our clients receive the benefit of that talent to help them compete in an ever challenging business landscape; and Veterans receive gainful employment in line with their skills and abilities to ease the transition to the next phase of their lives.
A People Company, Staffing the World
Kelly founded the temporary staffing industry in 1946, and has maintained a leadership position through the years based on a valuable premise: we invest in people. Today that focus benefits our customers wherever they operate around the globe - in a growing number of specialized fields. And we’ll continue to meet the evolving challenges of workforce flexibility with staffing solutions tailored to your precise business needs, both locally and worldwide.
Honeywell | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
PPG Architectural Finishes, Inc. | Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Kelly | Warrendale, Pennsylvania
Leidos | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
PNC Bank | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
PNC Bank | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania