The Tech Lead will provide technical leadership in the end to end design, development and delivery of technology-enabled applications, products and services. Responsible for meeting development schedules and delivering high quality solutions that meet technical specifications and design requirements. Lead the specification and software design phases of the software development life cycle. May manage the design and implementation of new software development and enhancement efforts and software testing with other technologists.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand the platform technical and business roadmap and ensure that all initiatives are aligned with the roadmap
- Design and develop technical solutions of new software development and enhancement efforts.
- Coordinate coding and unit testing phases of system development and facilitate Code Reviews
- Approves domain solutions and executes changes in line with the implementation plan.
- Liaises with Senior Leadership on project, operational, and strategy risks and opportunities, along with corrective action plans when required.
- Manages delivery on all project and operational commitments, including quality and timeliness metrics.
- Coaches, mentors and delegates work to lower level professionals.
- 5 Years Required; 7 Years Preferred
- University (Degree), Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- University (Degree)
Position will focus on broad technology and architecture processes across the Institutional Retirement technology portfolio.
- 5 or more year's professional software development experience
- 5 or more years' experience with Java (Java, EJB, Servlets, JDBC, J2EE)
- 3 or more years' hands-on experience with Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Batch, etc.
- Must have domain driven design or TOGAF experience
- 7 or more year's software development experience
- Experience working as an architect, tech lead, or development manager roles leading teams of at least 5 people
- Experience with service oriented architecture (REST, JSON, XML, SOAP)
- Experience in using JIRA, code quality tools, defect tracking tools
- Experience with MongoDB, Oracle, PL/SQL, other database technologies
- Passion for learning and helping others learn
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience with UML to represent architectures
Potential Salary: $142,100.00 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That's why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.
Build a career that makes an impact!
From retirement, to asset management, to banking, we have opportunities for you. At TIAA, you’ll do meaningful work helping clients pursue financial well-being. Here, your voice is heard and your ideas are welcome.
Passion for life, meet money for life!
Helping those who help others find confidence in retirement is our mission. Founded 100+ years ago to help teachers retire with dignity, our reach now extends well beyond education. We stand hand-in-hand with 5M+ clients to help fortify their money and ignite their dreams.
At TIAA, we know our people make the difference for our customers. That’s why we offer diverse career opportunities and rich programs and benefits to support their professional and personal needs.
We here at TIAA support our Veterans, and Veteran Spouses by providing a business resource group dedicated specifically for Active Military, Veterans, and their families!
Join a winning team that has been awarded for:
- Top 50 Companies for Diversity 2020
- Worlds Most Ethical Companies 2021
- Best Companies for Latinas 2019
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers 2019
- Forbes Best Companies for Women 2018