Position:Database Administrator I
What You’ll Be Doing
- Ensure all database related problems assigned by the Oracle DBA Lead are resolved in a timely manner to minimize user impact
- Installation and Patching of database and Application server
- Cloning of Oracle Applications using Rapid Clone
- PCP and Load balancing across the middle tiers
- Installation and Patching of Oracle Ebusiness Suite 12.1.3
- Well versed in AD utilities for Oracle Applications 12.1.3
- Exposure to OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager)
- Installed and used RMAN for taking the backup of Oracle Databases
- Conduct root cause analysis on persistent or major database related problems
- On-Call Support for project/production environment
- Support Maintenance Outages throughout the year
- Should be willing to work in 24 x 7 shifts
- Should be willing to work on scheduled Weekend Activities like upgrades, patches
What We Are Looking For:
- Oracle Apps DBA with experience of 4 - 7years
- Production support experience with Oracle 11g/12c database, and expertise with Oracle’s RAC, ASM and RMAN as a core DBA
- Experience with administration of Oracle eBusiness Suite 12.1.3 or other enterprise applications as an App DBA
- Good Knowledge on Incidents/Request and CHANGE MANAGEMENT process
- Should have worked on ticketing system, ERP monitoring systems
- Strong Troubleshooting Skills
Good to have Skills:
- Experience with Oracle middleware technologies like OAM, OIM, IDM, SOA, Hyperion, BI/ OBIEE, EPM, and WebCenter.
- Experience/knowledge of products like Demantra, Golden Gate
Arrow Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: ARW), an award-winning Fortune 102 and one of Fortune Magazine’s Most Admired Companies. Arrow guides innovation forward for over 180,000 leading technology manufacturers and service providers. With 2020 sales of USD $28.67 billion, Arrow develops technology solutions that improve business and daily life. Our broad portfolio that spans the entire technology landscape helps customers create, make and manage forward-thinking products that make the benefits of technology accessible to as many people as possible. Learn more at www.arrow.com.
Our strategic direction of guiding innovation forward is expressed as Five Years Out, a way of thinking about the tangible future to bridge the gap between what's possible and the practical technologies to make it happen. Learn more at https://www.fiveyearsout.com/.
Global Enterprise Services Center(GESC) is the IT Global services arm of Arrow, providing IT services to Arrow operations across North America (NA), Europe, Middle East, Africa and South America (EMEASA), Australia, New Zealand (ANZ) and Asia. We are dedicated to designing, developing, and managing some of Arrow's mission critical applications, while achieving cost efficiencies for Arrows global operations."
For more job opportunities, please visit https://careers.arrow.com/us/en.
Location:IN-Bangalore, India (Shankaranarayana Bldg)
Time Type:Full time
Job Category:Information Technology
For any great company, the biggest asset is its people. Arrow Electronics is no exception. Our global workforce of over 18,000 employees in many locations around the globe, strive each day to deliver the products and services that create value for our customers and suppliers worldwide.
Arrow is an award-winning Fortune 200 company and a global provider of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow offers many challenging and rewarding career opportunities for motivated individuals who are driven to succeed.
At Arrow, you'll be part of a team dedicated to global growth and innovation in an industry that is changing the world. Plus, we work with state-of-the-art technologies and some of the biggest players in the industry. You have the opportunity to acquire the skills necessary for personal advancement and gain visibility through shared leadership with peers and management. At Arrow, we'll encourage you to develop your talents and discover new challenges every day.
Arrow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.