It is a great time to join the beauty retail division of CVS Health, as America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 9,000 stores and continuing to grow. We seek a talented, sales-oriented Beauty Sales Consultant who is passionate about the retail beauty industry and believes the client experience should be top-notch. Our customers will experience your passion for beauty and sales skills as you share the latest beauty trends and techniques through your extensive industry knowledge.
As a Beauty Sales Consultant, you are excited about beauty! As the primary beauty advisor to our customers, you will provide friendly, knowledgeable sales service to every client who enters the store's beauty zone and strive to build a personalized, robust basket for each customer.
Customer Sales Experience
• Seek out customers to ensure they have a fantastic beauty advisor experience through personalized sales service based on customer needs, effective upselling and suggestive selling, as well as subsequent follow-up contact to build lasting relationships. • Engage in conversation with each customer as they enter the beauty zone; listen to and be sensitive to the customer's information, be conscious of their needs and provide specialized sales advice. • Maneuver in a conversation to stimulate a different thought process. It would be best if you were confident and comfortable using your verbal skills to generate sales. • Be the brand expert by answering customer questions in detail with product knowledge to produce the largest sales basket possible.
• Using the facilities provided, explain how various products help the customer address their needs by educating them of the proper usage and benefits and leveraging the CVS beauty monthly sampling program to build relationships. • Participate in and represent company sales programs or events that positively impact business. You are comfortable discussing CVS Beauty Club programs and inviting customers to special in-store events or explaining current promotions to close the sale. • Create and maintain product displays, end caps, and other beauty-specific promotional materials supporting key brands, corporate initiatives, and local advertising efforts. • Maintain a beautiful and clean zone by keeping your assigned area well-stocked, well-merchandised, and compliant with hygiene standards for a positive shopping experience. • Ensure that all CVS tester sanitation, hazardous waste disposal, and tool cleansing policies are executed in a timely and compliant manner.
Training & Personal Growth and Development
• • Complete initial 30/60/90-day onboarding training with ongoing training/educational programs to ensure sales, product knowledge, and selling skills are current. All work performed is per company policies and guidelines. • Execute the established sales plan by meeting the sales budget and tracking your progress to success. • Participate in sales training meetings and conference calls concerning programs and promotions, new items, brand launches, sales goals, and exceptional customer care. • Compete with yourself to beat prior sales goals and max out sales budget. • Maintain a professional appearance in compliance with company guidelines at all times. • Be plugged in, curious and excited about all of the latest beauty trends and techniques • Seek to further your product knowledge and client service skills. As a retail beauty advisor, you are a CVS beauty sales enthusiast!
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
• Exposure to the latest and greatest product in the industry through brand interaction, training, and more • Gratis. Everyone loves free samples! You will be overwhelmed with the number of excellent products you get to take home and try out. • Brand partners and other colleagues will present and discuss new and upcoming products and provide training on various initiatives. • You will be helping people on their path to better health. When people feel good about themselves, that translates to the rest of their lives, and you will make an impact!
• Physical abilities to support the essential functions of the role as listed above, such as stand and/or move throughout the store for the majority of work time to provide excellent customer service and beauty consulting. Able to stoop, kneel or crouch, and reach or grasp objects, including objects on lower shelves. • Able to perform duties requiring manual dexterity (e.g., ear piercing)
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• Sales oriented • Ability to use sales data with product/brand knowledge to meet sales and beauty service goals • Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills • Goal-driven, with an ability to multi-task • Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities, and quickly learn new procedures. • Available to work a flexible retail schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, weekends, extended hours, and "Peak" Hours • Ability to perform the tasks listed throughout the job description • Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to perform ear-piercing services in all stores (training and certification to be provided) • In specific CVS stores, we require bilingual beauty advisors that can speak to customers in both English and Spanish. • Must be at least 18 years old
• Prior Beauty Sales Experience • Current knowledge of beauty products and brands • Strong passion for beauty • High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. See Job Description
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."
CVS Health | Torrance, California
CVS Health | Los Angeles, California
CVS Health | Huntington Park, California
CVS Health | Los Angeles, California
CVS Health | Los Angeles, California
CVS Health | Whittier, California
CVS Health | Montebello, California
CVS Health | Pasadena, California
CVS Health | San Pedro, California
CVS Health | Burbank, California