Recruiting Internship Program Overview:
RecruitMilitary (RM) connects active service members, veterans, and their spouses with employers. With over 400,000 jobs available (and updated in real time), and over 16,000 military friendly employer partners, RM is the largest military- focused recruiting company. RM connects employers with military job seekers via services that include contingency recruiting, military job fairs, a job board, employer branding, a military base publication, and more. Our organization understands the employment needs of our military community as our organization is comprised of 72% veterans and military spouses. All aspects of our mission are built upon providing optimal results for the two customers we serve - organizations seeking to hire veterans and job seekers within our military communities. RM has a strong sense of personal and professional investment in the success of our military job seekers. RM was awarded the Department of Labor's HireVets Medallion - Gold and is a Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified company.
Additionally, RecruitMilitary was awarded the Army’s Tactical Connection Contract after being vetted among other organizations such as LinkedIn. To deliver a top-notch experience to our candidates, RM will be launching the Candidate Success Program. This service is for transitioning soldiers and will provide support with all services offered via RM. Services include job board navigation and search tips, completing the candidate profile, using the one-click application feature, job application support and in-person and virtual career fair registration.
The purpose of this internship is to staff the Candidate Success Program. RM will provide eligible service members with the training and opportunity to apply recruiting skills as a professional career option. The program will provide Recruiting Profession training through a mix of virtual presentation-type training and On-the-Job training while performing duties as a Candidate Success Representative. Additionally, this program will be remote, and all required equipment and training will be provided.
Recruiting Internship Program Purpose & Outcome:
The primary objective is to provide eligible transitioning Service Members training in recruitment, with a specific focus on mastering the concepts of how military skill sets apply to the civilian work force. TSM’s will be trained on how to apply these skills to help other service members more effectively connect with employers. Training and experience in these fields will further enhance a Service Members’ marketability and polish their skills for a new career. The employment objective is to hire internship program participants for positions in recruiting or business development as well as connect internship participants with corporations to create formal job interviews for positions where they would immediately qualify.
Employment & Recruitment skills training and subsequent practical applications in company operations, including work within the RM Candidate Success Program, (as a Candidate Success Representative – CSR) will prepare participants for employment in multiple fields including, recruiting, talent acquisition/management, and customer service. Training topics include:
• Develop knowledge base of translatable military skill sets & how they apply in the civilian work force.
• Develop initial recruiting skills: source, screen, and select candidates.
• Learn to source candidates through omni-channel marketing (Social, referrals, networking, and internal databases.)
• Learn about the various software tools and resources that recruiters use in their day-to-day efforts.
• Learn how to assist veteran job seekers optimize their online profiles.
• Learn how to assist veteran job seekers identify and prepare for, career fairs and other recruiting opportunities.
• Develop a deeper understanding of the recruitment lifecycle and the steps employers go through the source, screen, interview, hire, and onboard new talent.
Candidate Success Representative (CSR) Internship – POSITION DESCRIPTION
CSR Key Responsibilities
• Help job seekers properly complete their RecruitMilitary profile.
• Coach job seekers on most productive and efficient ways to maximize the RecruitMilitary career site.
• Help job seekers successfully register for career events with RecruitMilitary and our partners.
• Introduce our job seekers to appropriate key partners to assist with their career and life objectives.
o Aid in development of hard and soft skills.
o Direct candidates to the Military/ Veteran Employment Resource Center & refer them to Program Partners for additional support resources such as resume guidance, cover letters, interview preparation, using databases, career development resources, mentorship opportunities and more.
• Coach job seekers on the use of digital tools such as the online resume generator, job search features (MOS matching tool and job search filters) to ensure an outcome with relevant positions.
Skills, Requirements, & Qualifications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Experience in, or strong interest in, providing customer service and helping others.
• Track record of successfully absorbing training and applying it with minimal supervision.
• Proven ability to carefully follow procedures and complete all assigned tasks in the allotted time.
• Demonstrated ability to train and lead others in following procedures/best practices and to complete tasks.
• Ability to empathize with other job seekers.
• High comfort level and proficiency with computers, website navigation, social media, and traditional Microsoft Office products, (i.e., Word).
Position Logistical Information
• Candidate Success Representative (CSR) Internship is a 3–6-month program and will be a remote role.
• RecruitMilitary will provide a computer and phone equipment needed to complete the internship and perform in the role of CSR.
• Must have a professional, remote work environment conducive to regular phone conversations and video calls.
• Must have internet connectivity sufficient to support regular online work including computer utilization, VOIP phone conversations, and video calls.
• Intern is required to follow all SkillBridge program requirements in accordance with command and installation guidelines.
RecruitMilitary is the top full-service military-to-civilian recruiting firm in the United States.
We use online and offline products to connect employers, franchisors, and educational institutions with men and women who are transitioning from active duty to civilian life, veterans who already have civilian work experience, members of the National Guard and reserve forces, and military spouses.
We serve veterans of all ranks, rates, and branches of the armed forces, and our services are free to all men and women who have a military background.
RecruitMilitary | Norfolk, Virginia
Bank of America | Newport News, Virginia
Bank of America | Suffolk, Virginia
Military Sealift Command | Norfolk, Virginia
Walgreens | Hampton, Virginia
Walgreens | Virginia Beach, Virginia
Wells Fargo | Virginia Beach, Virginia
Kelly | Hampton, Virginia
ManTech International Corporation | Virginia Beach, Virginia
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. | Virginia Beach, Virginia