A Penske Vehicle Application Specialist will regularly work with OEM application engineers in configuring and building custom configurations that will meet customer expectations and legal requirements. Preferred candidates will have prior experience in vehicle specification engineering and design.
* Provide specifications to Sales to ensure vehicles are built correctly
* Ensure vehicles are built/spec'd properly with assistance from OEM's
* Assist with building base specifications for our basic fleet
* Assist with reviewing specifications on new models, makes etc. for accuracy, regulatory compliance and our standards
* Assist in pilot reviews
* Participate with sales and customers for specification reviews and needs, and make recommendations
* Support Field VP's of Maintenance with assistance for non-standard running cost and unique vehicles
* Other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor
* 2-3 years of vehicle maintenance experience, preferable experience as a technician, service manager, or with vehicle specification
* 4 year degree required or a combination of education and related work history, preferable degree in mechanical or engineering
* Prior experience in root cause analysis and understanding design and issue resolution is highly preferred.
* Strong written/oral communication, analytical and conceptual skills and multi-tasking skills are required
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
* Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
* Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**About Penske Truck Leasing**
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
**Work Locations** :
100 Kachel Boulevard
100 Kachel Boulevard
Reading, PA 19607
**Primary Location** : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
**Job** : Other Corporate
**Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit):** : PTL.Vehicle Applications Specialist
**Req ID:** 2119809
Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing is a Penske Transportation Solutions company headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske Truck Leasing operates more than 350,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,300 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.pensketruckleasing.com to learn more.
Penske is great place to launch or continue your career. We are a dynamic growth company with a 50-plus year history of success that is built upon a foundation of taking great care of our customers, a dedication to excellence in all we do every day and tapping innovative ideas from our associates to drive success for our customers and our own businesses.
Penske offers a wide variety of transportation products and services ranging from full-service truck leasing and fleet maintenance, truck rental, used truck sales, and global supply chain and logistics solutions. Visit www.gopenske.com for more details.
Our company makes headlines regularly around the globe. Keep up with the latest news and information from Penske by visiting our newsroom.
Here, we support our country’s servicemen and women by offering a military discount on truck rentals at more than 2,400 convenient locations. But, it doesn’t stop there. We realize America’s veterans possess the unique skills and strong work ethic that lead to success. That’s why we make it our mission to hire thousands of veterans for the amazing career opportunities we offer. Consider a career with us. We’re always looking for veterans, like you, to join our team in a variety of roles, including as diesel technicians where you’ll use today’s cutting-edge technologies to take care of our customers – from individual consumers to some of the world’s leading companies. That’s not all. You could also join our team as a professional truck driver, fleet maintenance supervisor, operations management, as well as in logistics and supply chain operations. We’re proud of our commitment to hiring veterans and active Guard and Reserve personnel and have received numerous awards for our support.