$1,000 Sign-On Award eligible to qualified EXTERNAL candidates who have been presented with an offer of employment. Active NYCB employees are not eligible for this payment. Sign-On Award is payable following the completion of 6 months of employment with NYCB. Monetary awards of this nature are treated as supplemental income and taxed accordingly.
A Teller/Customer Service Rep. (Financial Services Associate) is responsible for providing customers with high quality, prompt, and professional financial services. As a single point of contact, performs a variety of customer banking transactions and provides quality service to existing and new clients in accordance with the rules, regulations, and guidelines of the Bank. Participates in the development of client relationships by cross-selling banking products and services as appropriate.
- Processes all customer related financial transactions in accordance with the rules, regulations, and guidelines of the Bank.
- Opens new accounts that include but are not limited to savings, checking, certificates and IRAs according to customer needs. Accurately prepares all required documents for completing the transaction.
- Answers inquiries and provides information to customers in person, by telephone and by mail on various accounts and other bank services. Assists customers with routine issues and refers to management staff if necessary.
- Assists in the achievement of branch sales goals by developing, setting and achieving personal sales and referral goals.
- Proactively solicits and promotes new business by actively selling Bank products, conducting sales activities and referring business to other units of the Bank.
- Develops new and expands existing client relationships by identifying current and potential client needs and by cross-selling Bank products, participating in business development and CRA related activities.
- Processes various customer transactions including but not limited to cash, check and ATM deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, account closeouts, loan payments; issues bank checks, and U.S. Savings Bonds redemption. Balances cash drawer and prepares daily proof/settlement.
- Services customer accounts, executes changes of address, ATM claims, and all other account servicing requests.
- Opens vault and verifies cash shipments in conjunction with leadership team member. Assists with ATM settlement.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by utilizing Bank service standards.
- Performs special projects, and additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- Where applicable and when performing the responsibilities of the job, employees are accountable to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and adhere to internal control policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Retail sales, customer service, cash handling experience preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a process-driven role handling credit or financial transactions such as; billing analyst at a medical facility, auto dealership, insurance practice or other comparable experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer literate with general proficiency in an application such as; billing, invoicing, cash management or other workflow application.
- Customer service focused.
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrated multitasking skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
Ability to work well in a team environment.
NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANK.
Based in Hicksville, NY, New York Community Bank is a New York State-chartered savings bank serving customers throughout Metro New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Arizona and Florida. New York Community Bank serves customers through over 200 branches featuring a divisional structure: Queens County Savings Bank, Roslyn Savings Bank, Richmond County Savings Bank, Roosevelt Savings Bank and Atlantic Bank in New York; Garden State Community Bank in New Jersey; Ohio Savings Bank in Ohio; and AmTrust Bank in Florida and Arizona. With a longstanding reputation of strength, stability and service, NYCB is proud to be committed to the communities it serves.
To learn more about the NYCB Family of Banks visit us at www.MyNYCB.com .
Help recruit top talent for NYCB through the employee referral program. All NYCB employees are encouraged to submit referrals. Locate top talent right in the community where you live, work and play. Amazing individuals are all around be sure to let them know how they can become a part of the NYCB family.
NYCB is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ethnicity, religion, marital status, disability, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
This policy against discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment and selection, promotion and demotion, transfer, training and development, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence and termination. NYCB will consider reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities, as well as accommodations that are necessary for an employee to practice their religious faith.
New York Community Bank (NYCB) is the largest thrift in the nation and one of the leading thrift depositories in most of the markets we serve. Our roots go back to 1859, when we were chartered by the State of New York in Queens, a borough of New York City. Since then, we have grown from a single branch in Flushing to over 200 branch offices with 8 divisions in five states. In New York, we operate through five local divisions: Queens County Savings Bank, in Queens; Richmond County Savings Bank, on Staten Island; Roosevelt Savings Bank, in Brooklyn; Roslyn Savings Bank, in Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island; and Atlantic Bank in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, and Long Island. We also operate several branches directly under the name “New York Community Bank". In New Jersey, we serve our customers through our Garden State Community Bank division, and in Ohio we serve our customers under the name Ohio Savings Bank. Our Branches in Florida and Arizona operate under the name AmTrust Bank.
Whether working in our Retail Branch Network, Commercial Loan Division or handling one of our many corporate back-office functions, all NYCB employees play an integral role in the success of the organization.
We encourage you to learn more about us and thank you for your interest in a fulfilling career with NYCB!
New York Community Bank (NYCB) | Queens, New York
New York Community Bank (NYCB) | Oceanside, New York
New York Community Bank (NYCB) | Huntington Station, New York
New York Community Bank (NYCB) | Harrison, New Jersey
New York Community Bank (NYCB) | Fairfield, New Jersey
New York Community Bank (NYCB) | Valley Stream, New York
New York Community Bank (NYCB) | Brooklyn, New York
New York Community Bank (NYCB) | New York, New York
New York Community Bank (NYCB) | Montclair, New Jersey
New York Community Bank (NYCB) | Plainview, New York